Have you ever wondered what exactly inspires you to do something or think in a certain way?
Inspiration is needed to motivate others to perform to a certain standard or to think in a certain way. Parents are forever challenged to inspire their children to want to go to school, study or even take out the garbage. Employers take seminars and hire outside sources in an attempt to inspire better production. Politicians study hard all of the methods to inspire you to vote for them.
To be an inspiration means to be the person who has influenced a response, such as a thought or an action . Everyone has the ability to be an inspiration in some way to someone else.
I did a bit of research and I found some common professional opinions about being an inspiration.
Here are a few;
- The best way to be a positive inspiration is to be a good role model. Your words will hold little weight if you do not practice what you preach.
- Learn how to listen and observe before you speak. Don’t just stand there and nod but, actually take the time t0 process what is being said and why to is being said. You’ll save the possibility of making a fool of yourself if anything.
- Have goals with a map of how you will reach them.
- Worry about your own behavior before you tell others how to act.
- Learn how to phrase things. If there is bad or negative words to express, go about doing it with a ‘glass half full ‘attitude rather than a ‘glass half empty’ attitude.
- Don’t blame, don’t point the finger and don’t talk negative even if the other guy really does stink. It’s just bring you and your credibility.
- Never lose site of who you really are and what your personal goals are.
- Know which battles are worth fighting and which ones are worthy of walking away from
- Keep in mind that there are other people on the planet and that the world is not rotating around you
- Do random acts of kindness every day. A compliment about a blouse choice can work wonders for someone else.
- Be good to the earth around you. In the scheme of things, it is what will always be.
- You will never be able to inspire 100% of the people 100% of the time. Period.
- Be grateful for what you have, who your are, and what you are surrounded by
Great Inspirational Quotes
Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards. When people ask me what really changed my life eight years ago, I tell them that absolutely the most important thing was changing what I demanded of myself. I wrote down all the things I would no longer accept in my life, all the things I would no longer tolerate, and all the things that I aspired to becoming.
– Anthony Robbins
For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.
– Anthony Robbins
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
– Albert Einstein
An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere. The pessimist sees only the red light. But the truly wise person is color blind.
– Dr. Albert Schweitzer
Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
The essence of love is kindness. – Robert Louis Stevenson
Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
– Anne Frank
Arguing with a fool proves there are two.
Doris M. Smith
Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness. – George Bernard Shaw
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear. – Mark Twain
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you thing about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are.
– Norman Vincent Peale
Attitude determines altitude.