As I sit here noting that the temperature just hit 1, I am thinking, this first full day of winter, how miserable the month of December has been weather wise. For just about everybody.
Last week we heard about the snow in Vegas and Arizona. This is the same storm that doused Illinois with ice and Wisconsin and Michigan with a large amount of snow.
Severe winter weather is creating Christmas week travel headaches across the country this essential shopping before Christmas day, just as it has for the ever so important weekend before Christmas shopping rush.
- More than 130 miles of the New York State Thruway were shut down this morning from near Rochester, to the Pennsylvania state line after vehicles had slid off the icy roadway.
- In Wisconsin and Michigan officials warned of icy pavement and poor visibility from blowing snow.
- Buffalo got a record 7.4 inches of snow on Sunday, and more was in the forecast for Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
- Boston, Massachusetts has been hit again this time with icy roadways which prevented buses from operating,
- In places such as Chicago and Indianapolis, high temps hovered around 1 degree on Sunday with the windchill making it feel like up to -25.
You can’t help but wonder, what this is going to do to the economy. The stores are struggling to get our dollars this week. The weather just has not been a good friend.