Today is the first airing of the Dr. Phil interview with Octuplet mom.
“Outrageous, irresponsible and completely out of touch with reality” are just a few comments being said about Nadya Suleman, the single mother of six who recently gave birth to octuplets in California. Now, in a daytime exclusive interview, Dr. Phil addresses the questions the public wants answered. Hear how she ended up with 14 babies, how she plans to take care of them, and if there will be more children. And, Dr. Phil shares his thoughts on the single mother.”
And, according to the L.A.Times, octuplet mom has bigger worries than taking care of her 14 children. Talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw says she may have to prove she can handle the load, or else have hospital officials withhold her newborn octuplets.
Accordingto the report, McGraw says the unemployed mother called him Tuesday, distraught that Kaiser Permanente officials told her they were concerned about the babies living at her home in suburban Los Angeles.
What she is telling me is that unless and until she has a better living arrangement, that they are not likely to release the children to her,” McGraw told the Los Angeles Times.
Consider what we know…
- Single mom of 6 gave birth to the octuplets on Jan. 26
- Mom and babes live with grandma in a three-bedroom home
- Mom relies on food stamps and disability income to provide for them.
- Grandma is said to be $23,225 behind in her mortgage payments, property records show.
- The home is under threat of foreclosure and could be sold at auction beginning May 5
- Social workers usually evaluate parents of very premature babies to determine what services the children and family may be entitled to.
“If they feel there’s a risk to a baby, they contact Child Protective Services and Child Protective Services would make a determination as to whether or not there’s a reason for concern,” according to hospital spokesperson .
To comment….click on the number that is next to the title of this post or click on the title of the post itself.