The Octuplet world was quiet for a day or two. Until last night when Killeen Furtney, the rep that had been handling the Octuplet mom’s PR, appeared on CNN’s “Larry King Live.”
The topic- why the PR firm recently stopped representingmom.
The following is an excerpt from Killeen’s conversation with King:
Joann Killeen: Well, Larry, the number of death threats that came into our office, both by e-mail and voice mail, we had to make a decision about what was in the best interests of our own personal safety and that of our firm.
So we met with the police department on Friday. We filed a criminal report. We provided them with all the information with all the threats. And they told us that we should take this very seriously.
I finally found an Octuplet Mom Sympathizer…
An Oped from USA Today is the first pro- Octuplet mom advocate I have found- and I’ve been looking hard.
The pro-choice side needs to defend Suleman for choosing to give birth and should demand that the news media leave her alone. Just as a woman’s decision to have an abortion is between her and her doctor, so was Suleman’s decision to give birth to octuplets. She deserves privacy.
And we all want to know….Will Octuplet mom be getting her own reality show?
According to RealityTVworld.com
Reality TV producer Mike Fleiss has produced more than his share of controversial reality projects over the years, but even he doesn’t want any part of a new reality concept involving new octuplet mother Nadya Suleman and her 14 children.
“Yeah, don’t call me. It’s too radioactive,” Fleiss — whose previous reality credits include Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?, Are You Hot?, The Will, and Superstar USA — told Extra about a reality show starring Suleman and her kids.
“I don’t think anyone reputable will ever do this,” he added.
Last week, TLC president Eileen O’Neill confirmed that several production companies affiliated with the network have contacted the 33-year-old Suleman — who gave birth to octuplets last month — about the possibility of developing a reality series.
“I don’t think there’s ever gonna be a market for her in mainstream media because most people think it’s disgusting,” Fleiss told Extra.
In addition to Fleiss, The Hills villain Spencer Pratt said he also wouldn’t go near Suleman’s proposed series.
“It’s more of a horror film than a reality show,” Pratt told Extra.
I guess eight (Jon and Kate) is enough for most of us to handle.
To comment….click on the number that is next to the title of this post or click on the title of the post itself.