13 Items from the CelebrityWorld This Week
1. One of the stars of Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” has stopped an ex-boyfriend from releasing a sex tape — at least temporarily. A judge on Wednesday ordered an injunction banning the release of any sexually explicit video or pictures of Danielle Staub and her former boyfriend pending a hearing next month.
2. A new front has opened in the battle between Perez Hilton and the Black Eyed Peas manager accused of hitting him: a civil lawsuit.
3. Number of best picture nominees doublingin next year’s Academy Awards competition will have 10 films nominated for the best picture Oscar, twice the number nominated in recent decades, the Academy announced Wednesday
4. Paul McCartney is coming to Atlanta for a summer concert to benefit the city’s historic Piedmont Park. The Piedmont Conservancy that cares for the city park said Wednesday that the 67-year-old ex-Beatle will perform in the park on Aug. 15. Money raised goes to maintaining and expanding the sprawling and heavily used park in the shadow of Midtown Atlanta’s skyscrapers. The park dates back to a private club founded in 1887.
5.“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” –– the most terrible revenge since Montezuma’s — is louder, longer and lamer than the 2007 hit it succeeds.
6.Jon & Kate’ takes break while family ‘regroups’. TLC will take a six-week break from producing new “Jon & Kate Plus 8” episodes to give the Gosselin family “some time off to regroup” after the couple split up, the cable network said. Rumour has it the Jon’s school teacher girl friend will join the show.
7. Ed McMahon passed away this week.McMahon passed away peacefully shortly after midnight at the Ronald Reagan/UCLA Medical Center, his publicist, Howard Bragman, said Tuesday. McMahon, 86, was hospitalized in February with pneumonia and other medical problems.
8. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick welcome twins thatnks to a surrogate mother gave birth to twin girls .
9. There is a deal to bring live Yankee baseball games to Internet Cablevision Systems Corp, Major League Baseball and the New York Yankees cable network said on Wednesday they reached a multiyear deal for live streaming online Yankees games in the team’s home market.
10. Chris Brown pleads guilty in Rihanna assault case. A plea deal has been reached in the assault case against singer Chris Brown, defense attorney Mark Geragos said in a hearing Monday.
11.”The View” co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck says a claim that she plagiarized parts of her best-selling diet book is “without merit.”Hasselbeck defended her book “The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide” on Wednesday, speaking to the camera briefly just before the first break on the ABC daytime show.
12. “Seinfeld” star Jason Alexander told a crowd in Jerusalem Wednesday that the search for an Israeli-Palestinian solution and the “show about nothing” that launched him to fame have one thing in common — neither seemed destined to succeed. But just as the show managed to bounce back with comedy, Alexander said, a solution might be found for Mideast troubles if people write and laugh with one another.
13. Jon and Kate to divorce. The kids will continue living in their Wernersville, Pennsylvania, home, the couple said. Each parent will stay there during their time with them.
When asked what worries her most, Kate said it’s “the label that we’ve failed, how that will affect our kids … how they’ll be another statistic.”
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
Depends if it looks legit and if it’s a buck.
2. The end of the world is tomorrow and you are out of milk – do you go buy some? nope
3. Have you ever picked up the phone and called someone that you hadn’t talked to in years? That’s what Facebook is for 🙂
4. Whats on your computer desktop background?
A picture of me and my daughter taking silly Facebookish Pictures.
5. What was the very first movie you saw in a movie theater?
6. If you had to take a 10th grade science test, do you think you would pass? Probably- I’m a nurse. Went to Nursing School. Took a lot of science.
7. Describe heaven.
Kinda like the Philly commercial with clouds and blue skies.
8. Has a place that you lived ever been infested with some sort of insect or rodent?
9. When you were a youngin’, did you hide in the clothes racks at department stores?
And piss my mom off by knocking everything on the ground while proceedingto step on it?
10. Is there anything in your vehicle that is broken?
You know…now that you mention it, I have a suspicion that my left turn signal may be out….
11. What is something in your house that people would be surprise to find?
12. Do you agree with the death penalty?
13. Whats your favorite type of bear?
Polar Bears Drink Coke right?
14. Where was the last place you went?
15. What if that person knocking at your door earlier was an adult selling candy bars… would you buy one?
nope. I’m on a diet silly.