1 box (15 oz) refrigerated ready-to-use pie crusts
3 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
1 can (21 oz) blueberry pie filling
1 large egg, slightly beaten in a cup
3 Tbsp sanding or coarse (crystal) sugar
You also need: 11/2- to 2-in. star-shaped
1. On lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin, roll 1 pastry round
into a 12-in. circle. Fit into a 9-in. pie plate, letting edges overhang. Drain 1 can
cherry pie filling, combine in a bowl with remaining 2 cans cherry pie filling.
2. Bend a clean 6-in. square of cardboard in middle forming a wedge. Place
in upper left corner of pie (like hands of a clock pointing to 9 and 12). Fill with
blueberry pie filling. Spoon cherry pie filling into rest of pie. Lift out cardboard.
3. Roll other pastry round into a 10-in. circle. With a pastry wheel or
sharp knife, cut round in five 1/2-in.-wide strips. With cookie cutter, cut 5
or 6 stars from rest of pastry. Brush strips and stars with beaten egg;
sprinkle with sanding sugar.
4. Heat oven to 425°F. Starting in middle of pie, carefully place 3 long
strips, evenly spaced, across filling toward bottom edge. Cut remaining 2
strips into 4-in.-long pieces. Lay over cherry filling on upper right corner.
Press ends of strips into edge of crust. Roll overhang of bottom crust up over
ends of strips to form an even rim. Flute or crimp rim. Brush rim with
beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar. Place stars on upper left corner of pie.
5. Bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer
until pastry is golden brown and filling bubbles. Place on wire rack and cool completely.