Are you a sex addict???
What kind of a question is this? I just read it on CNN.com and it threw me. First of all, I have worked with and known addicted people. Can there really be an addiction for sex? Is there a logical excuse for the behavior of certain individuals that many of us encountered in college? OR, is this sex addiction thing just another excuse for celebs such as Michael Douglas, Charlie Sheen, and of course, Tiger?
Some general ways to know you might have crossed the line from healthy sexual interest to sexual addiction or compulsion:
1. You lie
No. 1 way you know you’ve crossed the line: when you make up stories to get sex.
“If you lie with women to get them to have sex with you, you’re a predator and an addict,”
2. Sex consumes you
If your interest in sex runs your life, you have a problem, says Robert Weiss, a social worker and founder of the Sexual Recovery Institute. He says addicts “are always preoccupied with hitting on someone, or picking someone up, or getting home to look at porn before their spouse comes home.”
3. You’re “divorced, dead, fired or arrested”
If you continue your sexual activities even under threat of being “divorced, dead, fired or arrested,” you’re an addict, Parker says.
“They ignore the consequences,” Weiss adds. “They say, ‘I could really screw up myself here, but I’m going to continue to do it.’ ”
4. You have an intense interest in pornography
“The pornography piece of this cannot be overstated,” Parker says. “Show me a guy who’s having sex with three women in one week, and I promise you he has a relationship with pornography.”
5. You want to stop and you can’t
Sexual addiction is defined by a loss of control, Weiss says.
What do you think?
Is there a possible illness know as Sex Addiction? If so, Should insurance cover the treatment of these addictions? or Is this just crazy talk?
Welcome to The Dating Profiles Meme. This meme is based on a feature from WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. This is a bit different than an “answer this question” meme. Either you have used sites such as Match.com or Yahoo Personals or you’ve read them. Weekly, we scour those on-line dating sites to respond either a person’s profile or often their headlines as most of us would really like to do. We use only “lines” that are gender-neutral. So, your mission is to respond to ten we choose each week. Seriously or with humor is your choice! The spelling or grammar errors were in the original profiles. Join us each and every Friday!
Why do I do this silly meme?
Besides being addicted to memes, and feeling sorry for Bud 🙂 , this meme gives me the opportunity to say what’s on my mind to this fictitional individual/loser. Check it out
The Dating Profiles Meme: Good Vibrations
1. I try to be natural, positive and optimistic, never give up and always look into the future with hope and good vibration.
Dude…that tune came out like 30 years ago.
2. Good sense of fine humor. – Inspiring character. – Creative bent of mind. – Fun to be with. – Good dresser and great dancer. – Confident. – Love the finer things of life. – Caring.
Glad to hear you love your mother.
3. I’m not looking at the current time, just enjoying the site and people.
Not looking for what? A job?
4. Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.
No kidding Jon. I read about you the other day- heeheehee [insert point]
5. I believe that I am drug and disease free (and so I expect the same).
They usually are in the humane society kennels.
6. I am but a simple person with a simple needs. I am looking for somebody whom I can get along with and anybody who will accept me simply the way I am.
Simple may even be an over-statement…
7. Love is when you feel like you are on a cloud and floating !!!!
You know what else floats? Thom will tell you.
8. Well I am not perfect, which of us are?
The one saying Bye-Bye………………………………….Bye-Bye
9. I like to go out (but its not the be all or end all) as long as I can have a drink.
Drink of what- chocolate milk?
10. Hi im nice normal easy going, who enjoys the odd battle of witts!
Odd, like simple, seems like an over-statement.
Lastly, welcome all of my new friends and followers from Friday Follow.
If you are a returning friend, thanks for coming back. Be sure to check out my sidebar with my followers widget, Networked Blogs widget, and all of the other goodies. Oh and Be sure to vote for me 🙂 on Top Mommy Blogs. Let me know and I return the favor 🙂 Thanks!
Come back next week. I’ll be giving away a Blog Makeover in celebration of IamHarriet becoming Harriet and Friends and my big move to WordPress!