Yikes…I just read this:
The blizzard and record snowfall that brought the U.S. capital to a standstill is costing taxpayers about $100 million each day the federal government is shut.
Who can we blame this on? Pres. Obama? Fox Weather guy?
Are you a social networker?
AOL is once again a day late and a dollar short. They now say that users of AOL’s instant-messaging service can now chat directly with friends on Facebook. Ever hear of those wonderful services such as Digsby? You can do all that plus check your email, Twitter and do a few other things…..I’ve had it for a couple of years now. AIM has about 17 million users — a fraction of the more than 400 million on Facebook.
Have you tried Google Buzz?
It was forced upon me this morning when I went to check my email. The first thing I thought was, where is my privacy? That’s because the service ends up exposing many of your e-mail contacts by default. That’s a problem if you have e-mail contacts you’d rather not make public, like I do. Gmail likes to add email addresses from people who you may not know but, have emailed you in the past.
There are some angry people because you also can’t hide your e-mail contacts without cutting them off from your Buzz network. Another problem is that to use Buzz you have to create a public Google profile, which could end up exposing your Google e-mail address.
Is Google trying to compete with Twitter?
It’s just WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION all at once for me.
To use Google Buzz your Google profile shows other people who you are, and allows you to share Web content like your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles from one place. Anyone who knows the URL of your Google profile will be able to see its contents, regardless of whether or not your profile is searchable.
Profile not found
From my point of view, I think that we have enough social networking opportunities going on. It just gets confusing after a point. Google is a great place to get free e-mail, advertise, search and get a free blog.
networking are you?
1. I want to find my best friend.
Oh boy….here we go….try the humane society. They’ve got all kinds of best friends for ya.
2. We don’t have to have everything in common.
3. I love the simple pleasures of life; sun rise, sunset, to dance, music, rain, sounds and smell of the ocean, love, laughter, a kiss…do you?
You seem kinda simple.
4. I’m looking for a connection with a grown-up who in turn, takes care of themself and is not desperately searching for a person to complete them.
Grown-up what? Goose? Ground hog?
5. There are no such things as coincidences…I am where I am for a reason.
Your mother must be so happy.
6. Everyday brings new adventures from snowmobiling, scuba diving, skiing, cycling, fishing, swimming an open water on the first day of spring, and my adventures never seemed to stop passing through my life.
Kinda like bad cheese….
7. As Michael Bublé sings it…”I Just Haven’t Met You Yet”.
8. A person comes into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime Which one will you be?
Dude….I got a pit-bull….back off.
9. I am looking for a potential long term relationship that might lead to something long term someday, however… hold on!
Looks like your mommy is a very lucky lady.
10. Please understand that I am not interested in having your children.
What?! You mean I gotta keep paying for their college education?WTH?