Want more…or should I say need more blog traffic?
I’ve got 50 ways to get it!
Okay, I’m not a total expert and possibly we have all seen these tips before but, it’s not a bad idea to review them. Happy blogging.
1. Post daily.
2. Be regular on what time of day you post. Regulars like this.
3. Take advantage of Google Friend connect. Place it on your blog.
4. Don’t be shy about friend connecting with someone else first.
5. Take advantage of your RSS feed. It’s easy to set up and helps remind your readers.
6. Give an incentive to people who sign up for your rss feed.
7. Direct your feed to your twitter and Facebook accounts.
8. You do have a twitter account right? Be sure to advertise it on your blog.
9. Make a Facebook fan page and place the badge on your site.
10. Make sure your page loads quickly. It’ll please your advertisers too. Limit anything that needs to load from somewhere else.
11. Don’t get taken in by advertisements that have pop-ups, blinkers etc. You’ll never make a million and nobody will trust your site.
12. Is your site pleasing to the eye? It could be worth your while to hire someone rather than do it yourself. It’s usually obvious when someone cheaps out.
13. Do memes and comment the other meme participants.
14. Comment back.
15. Have more than one way for people to subscribe to your site.
16. Make use of social media icons.
17. Join nings and participate.
18. Be nice, use kind language and get along.
20. Entrecard gets you traffic, the kind that may come with a high bounce rate. I still use it.
21. Build links from other websites. You can do this via memes and friendship building.
22. Make it easy for search engines to find you.
23. I love Blogger but, there is only so much traffic you can get for several reasons. WordPress will take you beyond Blogger in traffic.
24. Consider switching and guest posting with someone else.
25. Comment, comment, comment.
26. Be interesting in your post content and learn how to edit long articles and for grammar.
27. Leave helpful comments on areas that you are knowledgeable and in a way to not embarrass the blogger.
28. If you are not posting quality content, your visitors will never find you or have a reason to stick around once they do.
29. Add your url to search engines. Especially Google.
30. Personally, I hate forums because I think they are ugly. However, forums can be a beneficial way to bring people over.
31. Make sure that your content is fresh and YOURS!
32. Know when it’s tmi- too many baby pictures, too many dog pictures, a detailed story about hubby breaking his leg etc.
33. Use tags and links in your posts.
34. Make it easy for readers to use Digg etc.
35. Don’t be too pushy with the self promotion or promoting something particular.
36. Take advantage of ping services.
37. Invest in a domain name- it makes it way easier for people to remember you.
38. Use analytic software- usually free. This will help you determine who your visitors are and you’ll be able to focus your posts toward them.
39. Become part of a community or tribe. These are the people who are your regulars and you are a regular of.
40. Technorati can be a good friend. Be sure to claim your blog.
41. Some bloggers comment their comments to up the total number of comments on a post. Do this sparingly.
42. Don’t just link to link. It’s kind of obvious when you are quoting and linking to big guns.
43. Use images- the kind that are free to use. They help to break up content.
44. Post from you, not as if you are CNN or the Huffington Post. If readers wanted the big post and not the personable post, they’d go there.
45. Be personable, as in give as much about yourself as you feel safe in giving.
46. Refrain from vulgarity, porn and slander.
47. Build your Brand. It’s the total theme of your blog from the icons, to blog buttons to content.
48. Don’t go nuts with the ‘awards’. Some people look at them as a burden while others think of them as an easy post.
49. Write Posts That People Will Want To Read. Have you ever landed on a blog with a post that is just blah? Remember that feeling.
50. Be yourself…don’t blog with the primary intent of attracting advertisers, sponsors, or PR. It’s obvious.
If you have any additional ideas, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments.
I’m new to Scentsy but, I’m a long-time candle lover.
Scentsy is different from the regular wicked candle.
You get the same kind wonderful room scent with Scentsy but, without the fire!
Nice! No fire to have to worry about. As a matter of fact, Scentsy makes it easy for you and provides you with an on/off switch.
Instead of lighting a wick, Scentsy uses a corded warmer. Scentsy Warmers use a low-watt bulb to melt specially formulated wax slowly, maximizing the fragrance time of the Scentsy Bar or Scentsy Brick. Did I mention that this Scentsy Brick is reusable? You just pour the liquid wax back into it’s container to re-use again.
With no flame, soot, smoke or lead to worry about, the Scentsy system is a safe way to enjoy more than 80 delightful Scentsy fragrances.
A very nice Scentsy rep sent me the warmer and several scents to try. So, I’m passing the Scentsy happiness on to you with a wonderful giveaway!
Welcome to Monday Mayhem- where no two Monday’s are the same (what does that mean anyways?).
- Googled yourself?– yes
- Googled your neighbor?- no
- Used Google maps to spy on someone? maybe
- Spied on someone via Facebook? me? never…
- Friended someone on Facebook that you don’t know? yes
- Tweeted gossip? Possibly during the era of Change and it concerned Alaska.
- Followed a celeb on Twitter? Don’t think so
- Kissed any one of your Facebook friends? I’m FF with hubby
- Regretted an online relationship? Don’t think so
- Dumped someone online? Don’t think so.
- Played a prank on someone online? Lola, last year on her birthday -lol
- Spied on a High School bully online? Nope
- Written a nasty email? A complaint
- Sent something X-rated via email?
Just People of Walmart emails….
- Searched your state’s/locality’s database for predators? yep
- Done an online search on someone’s traffic offenses? All the time 🙂
- Ordered dinner online? Nope
- Purchased something over $250 online? Yep- a camera or two
- Left an anonymous comment? maybe….
- Checked out someone else’s email (as in spy on your s.o.)? Once I was in a computer lab at the local junior college and some genius left a HUGE mess with Twizzlers etc. The DA also didn’t follow the lab rules and restart the computer when he finished. So, I went into his email and sent him and everyone else an email telling them to clean up their messes and restart the lab computers.