Spring has sprung around the old homestead.
I actually got some yard work done in my ever-muddy backyard.
It sure is different than say, a week ago.
Learning how to make money blogging will take time and research to create a niche that is profitable. There are many ways to make money blogging such as affiliate programs and Google Adsense. The key to a successful blog is finding a profitable topic, researching the best keywords to use and setting up the blog properly so search engines will find it.
- Think about 3-5 topics that you know a lot about or are passionate about. Some examples are hobbies that you have, a career that you are in or some specific knowledge that you have.
- Research these topics using some of the research tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Search Tool, Wordtracker and see if other people are searching for that topic too.
- Do research on how many sites there are out there that are actually using your main keyword. Just do a regular Google Search using “quotation marks” around the specific keyword or phrase. This will tell you what you will be competing against. The idea is to find a keyword or niche that has under 10,000 results when searched for in “quotes”
- Choose a niche to create a blog about. Narrow down your niche into a specific niche. Example: Weight loss is to broad of a niche. Lose weight in two weeks is a more specific niche that you can compete in.
- Using the top keywords that you find choose a domain name that represents what solution you will be providing or what your specific topic is.
- Research different ways to make money. You can make money using Google Adsense which will require that you create a lot of high quality content on your blog using specific keywords. You can use the Google Keyword Research tool to get an estimate on how much Google is being paid for keywords by advertisers. The higher the better of course. You can also make money with affiliate programs which is promoting other people’s products. When you refer people to buy products you will receive a portion of the sale.
- Research reliable blog hosts and blogging systems. You can start on one of the free systems to learn about blogging but if you are serious about making money you will want a webhost that provides reliable hosting and support. A reliable host will have daily backups and help you in setting it up. Most hosts have a system called Fantastico that will automatically set up a blog for you.
- Use a blogging system like wordpress that will create an xml sitemap for you automatically so you can submit it to search engines. This will help in getting your site found.
- Write a few posts a day or at least a few a week using some of the quality keywords you researched previously.
- Create posts that are optimized for the search engines. Use the keyword in the title of the post, the first few sentences of the post and in the body of the post
- Install plugins if you are using wordpress to further optimize your blog. You will need something that creates metatags.
- Sign up at technorati.com and claim your blog
- Use Article Marketing to promote your blog. Write articles and post them to other blogs or article directories to get back links to your blog. This helps in getting traffic to your site as well as helps with your search engine rankings.
- WordPress is one of the best blogging systems around for making money online with a blog.
- It takes time and patience and a passion for what you are writing about. Stay with it for a year at least.
- How to Add Your Site to the Google Index
- How to Make Money With Affiliate Programs
- How to Add RSS Buttons to Your Website
- How to Start a Blog
Sources and Citations
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Money Blogging. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Sunday Stealing: Another Meme About Me
1. Are you currently in a serious relationship?
Does 25 years of marriage count??
2. What was your dream growing up?
To grow up.
3. What talent do you wish you had?
To write really good memes…like Monday Mayhem for instance.
4. If I bought you a drink, what would it be?
Right now I can got for a fizzy water with lemon
5. What was the last book you read?
A book that I was asked to review about aging parents.
6. What zodiac sign are you?
7. Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
You’re kidding right?
8. Worst habit?
Taking on memes.
9. What is your favorite sport?
10. Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?
What do you think?
11. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
I got addicted to memes.
12. Tell me one weird fact about you.
Don’t tell anyone this but……I do memes on a daily basis.
13. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Disturbing on many levels.
14. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Look less like a clown I guess.
15. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Dude…I don’t even know you….
16. Ever been arrested?
17. If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Go bargain hunting.
18. What’s your favorite place to hang out at?
19. Do you believe in ghosts?
20. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Answer silly meme questions and shop.
21. Do you swear a lot?
22. Biggest pet peeve?
23. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
24. Do you believe/appreciate romance?
Yeah…about 20 years ago.
25. Do you believe in God?