I don’t really know who Corey Heim was to be honest with you.
To most of us, he’s just another Hollywood young death statistics that may or may not have been caused by prescription drugs. The story kind of went in one ear and out the other for me until I read a blog post totally slamming the actor and accusing him of overdosing on illegal drugs. This post was written within hours of his death and the tone of it was ‘another spoiled actor- who cares?’ And boy, did this person have comments on both sides of the fence. Result of the post: of course, the intended traffic.
Is it right for a blogger to totally slam someone within hours of his death simply because he was an actor and may have had an addiction?
As a former nurse on a substance abuse unit, I can tell you that addiction is a very serious thing. As a person who has lost a family members recently, I can tell you that I’d be pretty upset if someone slammed my loved one while I was grieving.
BTW- was it an overdose? “Access Hollywood” says on its Web site that Haim’s mother had been told by the coroner’s office that her son had an enlarged heart and his lungs were filled with water.
Don’t forget…don’t forget…don’t forget,,,,
Daylight Saving Time is on Sunday morning. We can spring ahead.
DST begins on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November.
The states of Arizona and Hawaii do not observe DST. However, the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona does. In addition, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands do not observe DST.Approximately 70 countries observe DST.
Saturday 9: Gimme Three Steps
1. Are you the type of person who jumps into new ventures or do you prefer baby steps?
I like to do my research- where ever that falls….
2. Who do you feel believes in you the most?
My kids…I hope
3. When was the last time you were on a stage?
hhhmmmm….maybe when I helped out at a school……
4. Tell us about the worst boss you ever had.
The blue-haired old bat who congratulated us on getting a raise when minimum rate went from $2.65. to $2.95.
5. If the NCAA Men’s or Women’s Final Four basketball tournament was played in your hometown arena or within easy driving distance from where you live, would you try to attend one the three games?
They have and no…I did not….
6. Of all the clothes you own, what do you feel most comfortable wearing, and why?
Yoga pants. duh.
7. On what television show—either past or present—would you like to make to make a guest appearance, and what role would you play?
A contestant on
Horsing around with Groucho sounds like fun….
8. St. Patrick’s Day is on Wednesday March 17th. Do you celebrate and wear green? Drink Green Beer? Ignore it?
nah…been there…done that….
9. If a leprechaun told you that you could have any amount of money from his pot of gold but it had to be a specified amount for a specified item, how much would you ask for and what would it be for?
Who wouldn’t say a million dollars to go shopping?