It’s Mammo day here for me.
Ouch- you’ve read the emails about the trucks driving over you etc. But, ya gotta do it ladies.
FYI- Age is the most important risk factor for breast cancer. The older a woman is, the greater her chance of developing breast cancer. Most breast cancers occur in women over the age of 50 check out The NCI fact sheet of Probability of Breast Cancer in American Women.
What is the best method of detecting breast cancer as early as possible?
Getting a high-quality screening mammogram and having a clinical breast exam (an exam done by a health care provider) on a regular basis are the most effective ways to detect breast cancer early.
Do you Blah Blah Blah? Music Monday
I love this!
THOM’S HOLO HOLO Meme
Welcome to Monday Mayhem the home of Mayhem on a Monday. Every week is something different. Have fun! Today’s meme – We’re Gonna Holo-Holo Simply copy and paste this into a post on your site and answer the prompts. Be sure to list your a direct link to your post and visit the other participants. You are going shopping in Hawai’i. Your task is to visit each store and answer the questions. Make sure you take a lot of money with you. Puka shells aren’t accepted. Aloha!
Monday Mayhem – We’re Gonna Holo-Holo
I buy in bulk from Sam’s Club and AVON. This would never happen…NEXT..
2. After your purchase you receive a collect call from Susan at Stony River Farm. She apologizes for calling collect but she’s cheap and you know that so you gladly accept the call. She tells you that she’s writing a book and needs information on hula. You proceed to Native Books/ Na Mea Hawaii and buy her?
I have my house phone connected to my fax and thus, only use it for faxing. If someone were to call collect they’d get that obnoxious fax noise— nneeeeheheheheheeeee .
3. Leaving the shop you remember that Melli at Insanity Prevails loves hats. You also remember her not liking her new do. Stopping to think for a minute you look around and spot Paradise Clothing Company and purchase what hat and dress for her?
Huh? Thom- what are you smoking? I’d buy a Cubs cap and that would be about it.
4. KCinnova at KCinnova’s World, your friend since small kid time, has been telling you that she’s feeling overworked and very busy. You decide that something organic will help her. Hailing a cab you tell the cabbie to take you to Malie Organic and purchase what for her?
I’d take a bus and play one of those video poker games really loud to annoy the bus driver. Then I’d buy her one of those games so she could do the same.
5. Your phone rings yet again. This time it’s Barbara at Stray Thoughts. Her not being cheap calls direct. Isn’t that nice? Well she knows your on your Hawaiian vacation and would love some chocolates. So you decide to stop by Hilo Hattie and buy her what two types of chocolate?
How about a bag of M & M’s from the airport instead?
6. Checking your fanny pack, you see a note from Hazel at Delineating Des ~ or attempting to ~. She has requested a lei to match the stilettos that she always wears. They are hot pink. You get on your moped and go to Hula Supply Center and buy her what lei?
Like I know about Leis and fanny packs….I like Hazel so I would suggest we find a really nice mall to hang at.
7. Then you remember your dear sweet friend Juliana at Scabiosa Trenta is always complaining about the snow and cold weather. You decide to go to 88Tees Hawaii. So you grab your surfboard and off you go. Which three gifts do you buy her to brighten her day?
Who are these people? Are you making them up? If they are your friends, I’d be sure to purchase one of those “I’m with Stupid” t’s.
8. Alas your phone again. This time it’s none other than Bud at WTIT: The Blog. He’s in a real jam and needs your help desperately. It seems the French Twins birthday is the day after you return home. He begs you in a very whiny voice to please help him out. You owe me Bud you say. You take a limo to Sensually Yours. What lingerie item do you buy to get him out of his jam?
I personally think Bud is dead because he has not been heard from since Thursday Thunks. However, Bud would want you to check out his dating profile meme.
9. Finished with all your shopping you decide that you are hungry and in a mood to watch a beautiful Hawaiian sunset. You decide to stop by Duke’s. What do you order from the dinner menu?
A plane ticket back to the Midwest. I just don’t wanna miss spring.
Thanks for playing everyone. See ya next week!