How to get more comments…
Here are 15 tips for getting more comments on your blog posts. They may seem obvious to some so, please add your ideas in a comment.
1. Ask people to add their ideas to comments 🙂
2. Comment other people.
3. Add a link back to your post in the comment.
4. Participate in memes and comment the other participants.
5. Make a goal to leave a certain number of comments per day.
6. Join the comment challenge 🙂
7. Make it easy for people to comment on your site.
8. Ask questions.
9. Thank people for commenting on your site.
10. Set up a commenter’s widget on your sidebar with a feed and/or most commenting visitors/
11. Make a ‘top commenter’s’ list on your sidebar.
12. Reward commenter’s with ad space.
13. Join or start a comment group.
14. Make sure that your content is easy and enjoyable to read. Edit Edit Edit.
15. The most important, the one reason why I know I dread to comment…
TURN OFF YOUR WORD VERIFICATION
Seriously, there are better ways to combat spammers.
fyi- Blogger will set your new blog to default to word verification. If you are using the embedded comment form instead of the pop-up form, often it will not display completely and you’ll lose comments. Or, even worse, someone will leave a comment not knowing that the word verification will pop up after they press publish and the page refreshes and they will “x” out your site meaning that NO comment will be lost. I guarantee this has happened to you!
Review of the week…
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was using my dated VCR to tape Exhale on Oxygen. I know that it sounded pathetic but, I was having problems waking up in time to do the entire yoga class due to daylight savings time.
One of my readers felt sorry for me and sent me some Biggest Loser DVDs to try and offer as a giveaway.
Boot Camp is led by Bob Harper. The participants in the class are former Biggest Loser contestants including the lovable winner Ali. You get to put together your own workout based on a warm-up, cool-down and three levels of work. All three levels offer a sweat-worthy workout. If you are a beginner there are always easier alternatives to the moves. If you are advanced you can follow Ali (very impressive!). Bob talks to you like he is in the room with you motivating you. For a moment you feel as if you are actually a Biggest Loser. It’s a great workout(s) that will make you sweat yet, you’ll look forward to coming back and doing it again.
Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown. I’ve been doing Yoga for a little over a year and the yoga that I do is meant to be done with a relaxed mind with ‘bliss’. Jillian’s workout is meant to burn calories so Jillian does the Yoga moves but in repetition. You’ll sweat but, most likely will not find that ‘bliss’ in the mind. There are no Biggest Loser’s on the video. Instead, there are two other females- one who does the regular moves and the other who does the advanced moves. There are also three levels of workout. And, I have to say something at Jillian’s way of motivating in her usual strict yet, get the job done way. Like Bob, she talks to you at times like she is in the room with you.
Would you like to win these two workout videos? Click here
Welcome to Monday Mayhem.
yummy on the tummy…