April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
In an effort to to raise awareness about child abuse and neglect and encourage individuals and communities to support children and families, I will share some info with you.
If you know or suspect that a child has been abused, neglected, or exploited, contact your local law enforcement and/or child protective services agency as soon as possible. You may also call the toll-free child abuse hotline in your state. If your state does not have a hotline, call the National Child Abuse Hotline.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline can be reached at 1.800.4.A.CHILD (1.800.422.4453).
If you believe you have information about the domestic trafficking of children for sex within the U.S., you may report the exploitation online to the Innocence Lost National Initiative or by calling 1.800.THE.LOST (1.800.843.5678).
The following signs may signal the presence of child abuse or neglect.
- Shows sudden changes in behavior or school performance
- Has not received help for physical or medical problems brought to the parents’ attention
- Has learning problems (or difficulty concentrating) that cannot be attributed to specific physical or psychological causes
- Is always watchful, as though preparing for something bad to happen
- Lacks adult supervision
- Is overly compliant, passive, or withdrawn
- Comes to school or other activities early, stays late, and does not want to go home
- Shows little concern for the child
- Denies the existence of, or blames the child for, the child’s problems in school or at home
- Asks teachers or other caretakers to use harsh physical discipline if the child misbehaves
- Sees the child as entirely bad, worthless, or burdensome
- Demands a level of physical or academic performance the child cannot achieve
- Looks primarily to the child for care, attention, and satisfaction of emotional needs
The parent and child:
- Rarely touch or look at each other
- Consider their relationship entirely negative
- State that they do not like each other
Finally, April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to raise awareness about child abuse and neglect and encourage individuals and communities to support children and families.
Happy’s and Wonderfuls
Happy Easter to those who celebrate
Hope you’ve had a wonderful Passover if you celebrated.
May you have a 75 degree and sunny day like I’m about to have.
Today we ripped this meme off blogger named Chibi Pon from the blog Please Don’t Stop the Music. She states that she grabbed it from a friend on Nettby XD. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. It is a long meme, so we will do it in two parts. Today is part two. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The 35 Questions X 2 Meme: Part Two
36. If you suddenly became single or are single, do you think you could last in a relationship for 12 months or more?
Geez…have you seen what’s out there at my age?
37. Do you forgive or forget?
I move on and totally believe in Karma.
38. Do you trust people?
Some, especially if they are not in politics and/or are not on TV (such as Fox).
39. What are you not looking forward to?
40. Do you get mad easily?
I intend to live a long life. Getting worked up over idiots ain’t part of the plan.
41. Tell us about the last time you were told you that you have pretty eyes.
Just now when I asked son if he likes my eyes.
42. Do you have strange dreams?
43. Ever licked someone’s cheek or forehead?
What?! You think I’ve a dog?
44. Tell us about the last time you fell asleep in someones arms.
I think Kennedy was still Pres. at the time.
45. When did you last play a game?
Wii bowled last night
46. What do you have on you at all times?
47. Do you go out in public without getting all dressed up?
Define “dressed up”
48. Do you like fruity or minty gum?
Trident cool mint
49. Favourite musician or group?
Every week we get this one on some meme or another…..
50. Do you like anyone?
Do I like anyone? Like in 5th Grade like anyone? Perhaps you should keep your questions on Face book.
51. Favourite computer game?
Take the “u” out of words that “u” doesn’t belong in.
52. First album you ever went and bought with your own money?
53. Think back five months ago, were you single?
As opposed to what?
54. Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries?
Well, it’s gonna be #25 this year which means sparkle and shine…hellya.
55. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
Like the dogs waiting for me to finish so I can let them out?
56. Last thing you bought?
$250 worth of stuff at Sams Club.
57. Are you a jealous person?
Jealous of what? Who asks that? I’m an adult. We are past “Jealous”….we just buy bigger and more expensive stuff and call it a day.
58. Does it take a lot to make you cry?
Yeah…a lot of onions.
59. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
I’m thinkin’ I’m not the one who need someone to talk to here sonny….
60. Have you ever had your heart-broken?
$50 and I’ll tell ya
61. Have you ever done something while drunk that you still cannot believe you did?
I broke my cd player/recorder on my computer. Dang good margaritas.
62. Is there anyone you secretly wish you could be spending your time with right now?
63. Do you text?
64. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now?
No. I hate getting bothered.
65. Is your life anything like it was a year ago?
Well, I had a mother a year ago.
66. Go back one year on your blog. Leave us a link to your favorite post.
Dude…seriously…learn how to edit. 66 freakin’ questions and you want me to pull up old blog posts? What if I just don’t want to?
67. You can only drink ONE liquid for the rest of your life, what is it?
68. Tell us about someone that you have lost contact with someone you wish you didn’t.
My mom. How’s that?
69. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“Dude, where are you going?”
70. Will this year be better than last?
I plan on winning the lottery this year….if I can ever finish this meme…
Seriously…I don’t even know whow Erin Andrews is but if you are one of the nut jobs stalking her… get help.