Apparently, we were all over Google being all over Pac Man….
I thought it was just one of those cute images Google puts out there to brighten your day and raise awareness. Then someone told me nope- you can play it.
And, play it we did.
Those of us playing cause 4.8 million of wasted hours. Wasted?
According to a study by RescueTime, the salute to Pac Man cost the economy a total of 4,819,352 man-hours and a whopping $120,483,800 in lost productivity. The researchers say that Google has 504.7 million users every day. So how much was wasted on the research?
Do you Ego Surf?
There are scientists who say that the self-Googling, aka or “ego-surfing,” can be traced to a rise in narcissism in society, but that it is also an attempt by people to identify and shape their personal online “brand.” Is this you?
The researchers say this;
The practice described as »Self-Googling« can be seen as a form of narcissism, which may help to explain the phenomenon of people searching and browsing the Web for information about themselves.
Egosurfing, Egogoogling, Self-Marketing or Vanity Searching are different names for the same practice of harnessing the Internet’s vast data-collection powers to dig up information about oneself, as Glasner (2001) puts it.
In addition to using the theory of narcissism to explain the »Self-Googling« phenomenon, however, this practice can also be seen as a social construction of personal reputation in terms of Self-Marketing (Lampel et al. 2007).
Welcome to Monday Mayhem.This week’s meme features random questions that make no sense. Simply answer the questions the best way that you want to. Have fun!
1. What animal in your opinion is the stupidest animal alive?
Rabbits by far. They were put on this planet to be part of the food chain.
2. What person in the news or spotlight makes you wonder how they got so far?
Jessie Flippin’ Who? James
3. If you could make up a new law and be in charge of arresting law breakers, what would that law be?
It’s a toss between people who wear cheap handbags and pants that don’t make it up past the hips.
4. Name something of the color blue that you despise.
5. If you were on your way somewhere and were running late and witnessed an accident, what would you do?
My daughter was once late to school (as usual) and this happened to her. She called the police on her way to school.
6. How tall is too tall and how short is too short in your opinion?
I’m short so I’d say 6’4″ for tall. If it’s a partner, 6′, as is hubby, for the perfect height.
7. What hair color and/eye color would you not want in someone you were planning on having children with?
I’m done procreating. There are some people out there who do not want red heads. I have never really thought about it.
8. What hour of the day has the worst drivers? 8am. All of those people who didn’t get enough sleep because they couldn’t get their crap together the night before. Then they run late in the morning and juice up on java while they take their kids to school on the way to work. Bad mix.
9. Are you following the Stanley Cup Finals? It’s the Hawks! Got to!
10. If you wanted to eat lunch at the zoo and all they served were animal parts, would you eat them?I read about this. People dine on hippo feet and anatomy part of certain male species….
11. Would you give, and if so how much, money to a 25 year old man holding a sign at an intersection that asks for money? 25 year old male with 2 legs and 2 arms can get a job if he is able to stand long enough to beg.
12. What do you do with emails that tell you to forward them on to 10 other people or something will happen to you?Delete…
Thanks for playing!
See you next week!