Got a check…went shopping….

So, I don’t normally brag about this stuff, but…

The other day I got a check from Victoria’s Secret…

That’s right…it was for 40 cents. Victoria’s Secret spent 44 cents to send me a 40 cent check. It probably cost them about 50 cents in labor as well.

Like any red blooded American woman, I knew that I had to do what I can to support my economy. I took that check shopping at TJMaxx.

Here is what I bought.

I bought an Ex-husband Voodoo Doll for my friend- “M”. “M” divorced sir Douchebag last year. I am so proud of my friend because at 50 years old she is on her own and taking care of herself for the first time in a long time.

I also bought this…

It is for my daughter. She recently quit her first real job. On her last day, King Douchbag accused her of stealing (not so truthful here…), told her he would never give her a good reference (even though she had a job lined up and she had worked for him for 2 years) and to top it off he ‘banned’ her from the place for life. She’s so upset about that…Apparently, this is the standard exit interview he gives to people who actually show up for their last shift. And because of that, he has been crowned King of The Douchebags.

Now…many of you guys are doing the math and wondering how I was able to purchase these fine items with 40 cents. You boys keep on thinking…that’s just how us babes roll.

sevenclownbutton Ever driven on Stremnaya Road?

Comments

1. Angie says

LOL – those are great!!! I hope your daughter put all the pins in one certain male anatomy area….

2. says

LOL – too funny about the check – but I know what you mean as I used to get an 18 CENT check many years ago for something about every 3 or 4 months (having to do with my job back then) – it was ridiculous that they even wasted the labor, paper and stamps to mail the darn thing! HA! Anyway, thanks for stopping by to say hello and becoming a follower. I am a follower of your blog as well and can’t wait to catch up on everything! Have a great Wednesday! :o)
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..Happy Hump Day – Birthday Style =-.

3. Julie Cutshaw says

so funny, thanks for the good laugh we all need those once in a while lol

4. says

That is a crazy story. The check and the douchbag boss. The voodoo doll is hilarious. Happy ww!! Thanks for dropping by.

5. says

I feel badly for your daughter…what a jerk that boss is. Must be a very unhappy person. Wow, you really got the jackpot with that cheque…I gotta ask why bother as well! But, you know, there are people who would call looking for it if they didn’t send them out.
    .-= pam´s last blog ..What do you think? =-.

6. says

I am seriously upset about your daughter’s ex-boss doing that to her. It’s absolutely not right. She was trying to do the right thing by giving notice and working all of the promised shifts. Instead of treating her like the good employee she seems to be, he treats her like dirt? Doesn’t he know that past employees are a great source for new employees? What a jerk!
    .-= Lindsay @ Just My Blog´s last blog ..Mission Monkey is LIVE! =-.

7. says

Oh I wish I would have had one of those many years back…I worked for a horrible lawyer and would have loved to “stick it to him” :P

8. says

Love those voodoo dolls. I’m going to have to invest in several.

Now as far as the .40 check…I understand that company’s have to balance out whatever and what not. But seriously…

I had a customer call me on Monday, she was trying to cash a check for .05…yep, 5 cents. And it was being declined. She was seriously cry babying about not being able to cash this .05 check…I told her to take it to a bank.

Um…sorry, I went a little off topic there. :)
    .-= Annette ´s last blog ..Michael Bolton – One World One Love – Review =-.

9. says

Love the check… have it framed! Worth way more than the 40 cents.

Yeah, I had a boss like that… he was great until I told him it wasn’t working out. Then he decided that he had done me a huge favor by hiring me and he was going to call my DH’s family and tell them how awful I was. What a slime ball!!!
    .-= Owen’s Mom´s last blog ..Aloha Friday – #12 =-.

10. says

2 DOlls 40 cents Wow bonus.. LOL whats the reason you had 40 cents coming back that was just silly on their part they could of paypall you the money and saved a tree

11. says

I need one of those boss voodoo dolls! I just quit my job of three years and my boss won’t give me a recommendation either. So crazy, since I’ve busted my butt there and she knows it. Oh well. Her loss!
    .-= Bethany´s last blog ..Happy Weekend! =-.