Make Money Blogging?
Ok, I may have posted this once before, but it’s been updated so enjoy it.
Learning how to make money blogging will take time and research to create a niche that is profitable. There are many ways to make money blogging such as affiliate programs and Google Adsense. The key to a successful blog is finding a profitable topic, researching the best keywords to use and setting up the blog properly so search engines will find it.
- Think about 3-5 topics that you know a lot about or are passionate about. Some examples are hobbies that you have, a career that you are in or some specific knowledge that you have.
- Research these topics using some of the research tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Search Tool, Wordtracker and see if other people are searching for that topic too.
- Do research on how many sites there are out there that are actually using your main keyword. Just do a regular Google Search using “quotation marks” around the specific keyword or phrase. This will tell you what you will be competing against. The idea is to find a keyword or niche that has under 10,000 results when searched for in “quotes”
- Choose a niche to create a blog about. Narrow down your niche into a specific niche. Example: Weight loss is to broad of a niche. Lose weight in two weeks is a more specific niche that you can compete in.
- Using the top keywords that you find choose a domain name that represents what solution you will be providing or what your specific topic is.
- Research different ways to make money. You can make money using Google Adsense which will require that you create a lot of high quality content on your blog using specific keywords. You can use the Google Keyword Research tool to get an estimate on how much Google is being paid for keywords by advertisers. The higher the better of course. You can also make money with affiliate programs which is promoting other people’s products. When you refer people to buy products you will receive a portion of the sale.
- Research reliable blog hosts and blogging systems. You can start on one of the free systems to learn about blogging but if you are serious about making money you will want a webhost that provides reliable hosting and support. A reliable host will have daily backups and help you in setting it up. Most hosts have a system called Fantastico that will automatically set up a blog for you.
- Use a blogging system like wordpress that will create an xml sitemap for you automatically so you can submit it to search engines. This will help in getting your site found.
- Write a few posts a day or at least a few a week using some of the quality keywords you researched previously.
- Create posts that are optimized for the search engines. Use the keyword in the title of the post, the first few sentences of the post and in the body of the post
- Install plugins if you are using wordpress to further optimize your blog. You will need something that creates metatags.
- Sign up at technorati.com and claim your blog
- Use Article Marketing to promote your blog. Write articles and post them to other blogs or article directories to get back links to your blog. This helps in getting traffic to your site as well as helps with your search engine rankings.
- WordPress is one of the best blogging systems around for making money online with a blog.
- It takes time and patience and a passion for what you are writing about. Stay with it for a year at least.
- How to Add Your Site to the Google Index
- How to Make Money With Affiliate Programs
- How to Add RSS Buttons to Your Website
- How to Start a Blog
Sources and Citations
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Money Blogging. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
I just found a really cool site for girls!
Fashion Playtes is an online fashion community for girls who love to design their own clothes and accessories. The best part is that you can actually order your designs online and have your custom clothes and accessories shipped right to you! As a Fashion Playtes designer, you can create your own personal brand and fashion collection. We want to give you everything you need to become the ultimate designer, so we have tons of embellishments and a tool that lets you customize your own label!
Summer shopping season has begun, and for fashionistas ages 5-12 FashionPlaytes.com lets girls be the designer and create their own summer tees tanks, and dresses!
The site also just added adorable 18” doll dresses, so girls can now design matching outfits for their favorite playmates.
Wanna save on your next order?
Enter “harriet10” code for your readers to use on the site and save $10 on your next merchandise purchase of $35 or more. The code would be valid for two weeks.
Wanna win $20 to shop there? Go here
You know those people who are always telling you how and what to do?
We want to be prepared for the next time they provide us with their fine interventions.
1. Are you putting on weight? You face looks fat.
It’s your glasses- trust me.
2. You should wash your clothes in the expensive detergent. What you are using is not working.
That’s not a stain- it’s part of the fashion statement.
3. Are you sure you should be eating that piece of cake?
4. You shouldn’t be friends with that person.
Maybe they shouldn’t be friends with me. Better yet, maybe you shouldn’t be friends with them or me.
5. That shirt is not the right color for you.
6. Why would you work at that crappy job?
7. You’re not cutting your steak correctly. This is how you should be doing it.
You’re not cutting it correctly. You’re suppose to use a knife.
8. Is that all you do all day is sit on your computer?
Feels like it…. thank goodness for bathrooms.
9. You should use Pledge on the dust in your house.
Maybe you should show me how it works.
10. When are you going to get married/have kids/get divorced (choose which one relates to you)?
Been there….done that
11. I’m thinking about staying at your house for 2 weeks for my vacation.
12. When you are at the store will you get me 2 pounds of bananas and some bread? Oh, and here is some money so you can buy my mother some eggs, prunes and Depends. I’ll need separate receipts of course.
You shop at erotic Jane’s too? I didn’t know you could buy bread there. I knew about the candy…
Thanks for playing! Have a great week!