Hi and welcome to our brand new Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked John Lennon. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.” Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed?
Well, I’m not sure if I ever thought he was bright or not, I did think he was running on half a brain once instead of the 1/4 of a brain..LT.
2. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” Do you get upset and do you think you’re being lazy when you do nothing?
I have never been there to tell you the truth.
3. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that’s his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” Do you think that the U.S. and our wars seem to just ignore our history?
Everything goes in cycles….learned that years ago in an economics class.
4. “I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.” Do you feel you conform just to fit in?
Mark David Chapman was a bigger freak than you John. No, I am not a conformist. I have a brain thank-you.
5. “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what comes next?
I’ve used this quote many times…you were a genius.
6. “The more real you get, the more unreal everything else is.” Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others’ opinions of you are more likely to seem stupid? Stupid? If I were to actually spend a moment to think about what others think…maybe. But, I wear Birkenstock’s which means that I don’t care….
7. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” Do you feel that when you share beliefs with someone, there is more likelihood in accomplish a goal? If they are my beliefs….
8. “God is a concept by which we measure our pain.” How religious or spiritual are you? Or how cynical are you? (Pick your question.) Religion and being spiritual are 2 different things. I practice yoga daily and being spiritual is a large part of that. It has nothing to do with my religion. People over 40 are not cynical..they are realists.
9. “Before Elvis there was nothing.” Do you think as rock ‘n roll history is concerned, that Elvis had that big an impact?
First of all, America was a haven for jazz prior to Elvis, which means there was something and not nothing. I think that Elvis got people thinking and that Viet Nam got people moving…
10. “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.” Do you feel after what has happened on Wall Street and our financial institutions, that his quote is more relevant today?
I think there are worse people who fit this description…