I’ve noticed a few online sites and blogs calling for a boycott of BP for what has happened in the Gulf. Other’s are warning that a boycott is not the best answer. A boycott would mean not purchasing gas from any stations selling BP gas.
LA TIMES Boycott BP gas stations? That’s the wrong target- Counterproductive energy policies coming out of Washington are the real problem, and that’s where attention should be focused.
Who a BP boycott hits hardest –Washington Post (blog) –
Would a boycott really solve anything?
Some say that a boycott would only hurt the small business owner who only sells the gas rather than owns BP. Other’s say that BP needs the money to clean up their mess. What’s more important- cleaning up the environment or sticking it to BP?
Saturday 9: Goodbye to You
1. Have you had to say goodbye to a good friend or lover because they were moving?
Friends…all the time. I just live in that kind of a town.
2. Have you ever wanted to use personal information about someone to sort of “blackmail” them? If yes, tell us about it.
Nada. I believe in Karma.
3. What two things influenced the choice of your present job or to stay at home?
Thing 1 and Thing 2
4. Do you like warm weather? How warm does it get where you live? What is the best way to spend a hot, summer day?
August- 90’s and humid. I have a pool and I should be back on margarita therapy by then
5. What do you find “hot” in a man/woman? What is the first thing you notice about someone who is hot? Do you ever think of yourself as hot?
I’m hot in August which is why I have a pool.
I like genuine people. The further away from doing all his thinking via ‘it’ the better.
6. Are you quick to anger? How do you react when you are angry or frustrated? What do you do to cool down?
I’m over 40….I’ve learned that anger isn’t usually worth the energy. Yoga and running also help
7. In your family, who is the least like the rest of you?
huh- you mean black sheep? Guess we’re all about 75% alike.
8. What are a few great books that you’ve taken along to the beach or on vacation in years past? If you aren’t a big reader, what do you do to while away the lazy hours?
I don’t have lazy hours. iPods make me happy.
9. Do you like going outside during a thunderstorm and watching the lightening?
Ever know someone struck by lightening? I have.