I’m a bit freaked out about Jesus.
A large statue of Jesus was destroyed by a fire after being struck by lightning . All that remains is a blackened steel skeleton and pieces of foam.
Also known as the “King of Kings” statue, the statue was located in southwest Ohio.
Lightning is said to have struck at around 11:15 p.m.
Estimated damage from the fire was set at $700,000 — $300,000 for the statue and $400,000 for the amphitheater that was behind it.
One media source said “Church officials say it will cost $700,00 to resurrect the giant Jesus.”
A sign along the highway reads “We will rebuild”.
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Bruce Springsteen. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “When it comes to luck, you make your own.” Do you believe you have that type of control over your luck?
I believe in Karma. If it’s good…you’re in luck.
2. “You’ve got to learn to live with what you can’t rise above.” What is something you have had difficulty rising above?
Running away from memes.
3. “Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything.” Would you want to be rich?
Rather be rich (like you Boss) than poor.
4. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” Tell us about a song that helps you “face the world.”
5. “In America everything’s about who’s number one today.” Have you ever been a fan of someone you thought would last but turned out to be a flash in the pan?
Dude- I can’t believe you’re 60
6. “Is a dream a lie if it don’t come true, or is it something worse?” Has any dream of yours come true?
7. “Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting.” What would you change if you became the president?
Didn’t we just do this?
8. “Yeah, I had gay friends. The first thing I realized was that everybody’s different, and it becomes obvious that all of the gay stereotypes are ridiculous.” How do you feel about gay rights?
How do you feel about the rights of dogs? Kids? Women? Yo-Yos?
9. ” It’s a sad man my friend who’s living in his own skin and can’t stand the company.” Have you ever been disappointed in yourself?
Had I answered that last question incorrectly, I would have been.
10. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” What’s your favorite type of music? What’s your favorite band?
You know Bruce…I was just at the dentist and they were playing an Oldies station (you know…dentist office music).
In the 30 minutes that I was in that chair, I must have heard 8 songs from the 70’s. Now I ask, since when did the Eagles become oldies? Is Classic Rock really dead?????