While many of you will be celebrating the 4th of July at a parade or enjoying time with family and friends….I will be watching this….alone…
That’s right….I’ll be flirting with the enemy- ESPN. It’s that important.
ESPN is showing the Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest on Sunday at noon ET. World record holder Joey Chestnut (68 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes in last year) will attempt to earn his fourth consecutive title.
Joey’s biggest competition, Takeru Kobayashi (the guy who’ll eat anything- did you see him eat the brains on that Fox TV show?) is taking this year off in some kind of a protest. The media says that International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE) asked all entrants to sign a contract that will keep them from participating in eating contests outside the league. Takeru, a six-time champion says this: “I really want to compete in the event,” Kobayashi said this week, “but I cannot agree to the conditions.” Thank goodness, I think, Pepto-Bismol will be a sponsor.
Think I’m the only loser watching this stuff???
Over the last six years, ESPN’s coverage has averaged a 1.0 rating and 1.2 million viewers. ESPN’s telecast will immediately re-air at 1 p.m. ESPN International will televise the event live in Sub-Saharan Africa, Northern Africa, the Middle East, Israel, Australia and New Zealand.
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Heart of Shou of the blog named Musings of an Absent Mind. Shou explains that she ripped it from a blogger named Erro. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. It was originally 80 questions, hence the name. We chose 44 of them and here is the second part! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The Eighty Meme, Part Two
Cheers to all of us thieves!
23. Are your days fast-paced?
Was till I moved from the city to Hooterville.
24. What did you do last night?
25. Do you use sarcasm?
26. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Who asks these kind of questions? 29…again
27. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Must not be since I’m still in that Dating Profile thing.
28. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Get along better at what? Shopping/male bashing- women. The other thing- men.
This question stinks of Bud doesn’t it?
29. Do you watch the news?
30. How did you get one of your scars?
Has a C-section.
31. Who was the last person to make you mad?
The jerk who parked in front of my house and tried to block my driveway. Sent my Pit and loud mouthed schnauzer to the window and he moved.
32. What is the last big thing you purchased?
Made a payment on my daughter’s fall tuition. Oh fun.
33. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Tied to? As in this?
34. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
Well, Bud tried to convince everyone that I sent the twins a threatening email to keep them off the meme circuit or else and Thom’s telling everyone that I don’t know how to spel.
35. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Pull out my phone and call 911. duh.
36. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
All? As in what?
37. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
38. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
Indiana for one. It’s real close to Hooterville.
39. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
40. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
A margarita and a lift.
41. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Neither- I have a very clean pool.
42. Do you wear a lot of black?
I did after I lost my mother.
43. Describe your hair:
Oh…people are gonna have fun with this one Romeo.
It’s on my head.
44. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
Sitting on my feet waiting to get fed.
The Red White and Blue meme!