YEP! I’m back from “Meccaland”.
I know you are dying to hear about where I’ve been, so I’ll share a few things with you now.
I was invited out to Boston to tour the headquarters of TJMaxx/Marshalls. This was an amazing opportunity that I am so grateful to have had. I met some amazing top-notch fashion bloggers. There is so much to share about this that I am starting an entire new blog about fashion and style. I’ll be ready to share more in a couple of days.
At this point, I have to tell you about the hotel that I stayed at.
The Liberty Hotel in Boston was a jail for over 100 years. You can read about the Liberty’s history by visiting their site. Prisoners were housed there until 1990. The jail was purchased by a neighboring hospital and renovated to the tune of millions. They kep a lot of the architecture intact and built upon it.
This is the inside of the hotel looking out into the lobby. Looks like a jail from an old movie.
This video shows a brief history as well.
Like anyone else, I was kind of creeped out knowing that I was sleeping in this place. I swear I heard strange noises at night.
And yes, I did drop my soap in the jail shower. D’OH!
Check out this “do not disturb” sign.
Saturday 9: Superstition
1. What are you superstitious about?
Memes- have we done this one before?
2. What’s the story behind one of your scars?
I had a c-section now I have a scar and a freeloader.
3. What are three things that you would rather be doing right now?
Putting away laundry, refilling my beverage, and sitting in my pool cause it’s 95 outside.
4. What do you do when you’re bored?
5. What’s your favorite thing to do? Why?
Memes cause it makes it look like I’m actually at work.
6. What do you do when you’re lonely?
Hang with my dogs.
7. How do you measure the passing of time in life?
Notches on the wall.
8. What would constitute “the perfectly lived day” for you?
Spending the day at TJMaxx HQ and then their flagship stores. Oh wait, I did that yesterday…
9. If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you do in your final days?