One good thing about living in the Midwest, is that we don’t have to fear the wrath of the almighty hurricane.
Unlike our friends on the east coast who will be having some unwelcome weather this holiday weekend.
Seems like yesterday they were forecasting maybe high waves for Earl but, opinions have changed as Hurricane Earl battered the Caribbean with heavy rain and winds Monday before intensifying into a major Category 4. The storm is on a path projected to menace the United States. Already dangerous with sustained winds of 135 mph (215 kph), Earl is expected to gain more strength before potentially brushing the U.S. East Coast this week and bringing deadly rip currents.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami warned coastal residents from North Carolina to Maine to watch the storm closely.
Does anyone still use Myspace?
Just asking because it seems as if they are waving a white flag with the folks at Facebook.
MySpace recently redecorated itself to look more like Facebook. Now they are allowing users to sync their posts to Facebook, too.
That means people on Facebook can see their friends’ MySpace items without leaving Facebook. MySpace users will also be able to share music, videos, game applications, links and photos across both social networking sites. So, why even have MySpace any more? Oh, I know- Thom (not my site-stalker Thom- the other one.)
Syncing with Facebook is easy to set up:
· Click on the settings box in the update module on your homepage (it’s to the left of the Share button)
· Check the box next to Facebook or Twitter (or both!)
· Follow the steps prompted to sync your accounts
· Done! Your updates will now automatically sync.
Users continue to have the option to sync to Twitter as well. Once you’ve synced your Facebook account, simply update your status on MySpace as you normally would (from your homepage, status and mood page, or mobile phone). When you update your status on MySpace, it will then be shared with friends on Facebook.
This new sync functionality is part of an ongoing effort to make it simple for people to share their updates beyond MySpace and allow fans and friends to interact with that content across the web.
MySpace also says :
MySpace is a leading social networking site.. MySpace…
- has more than 122 million monthly active users around the globe (internal data)
- has nearly 70 million total unique users in the US (comScore June 2010)
- sees 100,000 signups every day
- is the #9 web domain and the #2 social networking site in the U.S. (comScore June 2010)
- is localized in 29 regions and 15 languages
- processes 46 million activities and updates daily in the stream
- MySpace has a highly engaged audience. In June 2010 MySpace users…
- spent a total of 8.2 billion minutes on the site (comScore)
- viewed 13.6 billion total pages (comScore)
- spent 2 hours on the site
- MySpace is a pulse of global youth culture. MySpace…
- is growing in the coveted 18-24 demo, with unique visitors up in this category 23% year over year (comScore June 2010)
- has a 50% market share of U.S. uniques in the 12-34 demo, and a 57% market share in the 12-24 demo (comScore May 2010)