The Highway Loss Data Institute just came out with new statistics about the cost of theft of cars. This means the rate at which people file insurance claims for theft insurance. Some people interpret this as which cars have theft claims filed the most.
They found that the rate at which people file insurance claims for theft is highest for versions of the 2007-09 Cadillac Escalade, a luxury SUV, followed by the Ford F-250 crew pickup, Infiniti G37 luxury car, and Dodge Charger with a HEMI engine. Theft rates for these vehicles are 3 to 5 times as high as the average for all vehicles.
Almost 1 of every 4 Escalade theft claims is for $40,000 or more. These vehicles are equipped with standard antitheft ignition immobilizers that are supposed to prevent them from being started without a proper key.
Thursday 13- Top and Bottom Car Theft Claims
According to the institute, the top-ten car-criminal favorites, along with their “theft claim frequency” per 1,000 vehicles, are :
1. Cadillac Escalade 10.8
2. Chevrolet Silverado 8.0
3. Dodge Charger 7.4
4. Chevrolet Avalanche 7.4
5. Infiniti G47 coupe 7.1
6. GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.7
7. Nissan Maxima 6.5
8. Hummer H2 6.2
9. GMC Yukon XL 6.0
10. Chevrolet Tahoe 5.8
11. Volvo S80 .8
12. Saturn VUE 4WD (2008-09) .8
13. Nissan Murano (2009).7
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of Judd Corizan’s hair dye and the number 33.
I use to be able to tie a cherry stem with my tongue. Does that count?
2. What is your favorite sound?
The sound of the UPS truck stopping in front of my house to deliver me some goodies 🙂
3. What was your favorite TV show as a child or teen?
I watched a lot of the Brady Bunch, Beaver, and Father Knows Best as a child. As a teen, all of those stupid ABC shows- Laverne and Shirley etc
4. There are a lot of specialty TV networks now devoted to things like golf, gardening, shopping, game shows, sports, news and sci-fi. Do you have any favorite TV networks?
I tend to watch a lot of Bravo.
5. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
6. Berleen is on the top of a mountain. How on earth did she get there and what was she doing?
Ask Bud. He claims to know her.
Lame answers today…I know.
7. Have you ever dreamt that you made love to someone you haven’t yet met?
Not since Newman died.
8. Berleen decides to run away and join the circus. What could you imagine her performing under the big top?
Haven’t met her- couldn’t tell ya
9. What is your favorite sci-fi movie?
10. What is your favorite reality show?
The Meme Party
11. Bud says he is on vacation. What do you think he is doing?
12. When shopping at the grocery store, do you always return your cart?
Wow…haven’t seen this question in a month.
I actually park next to the return thingie to make it easier.
13. Do you take compliments well?
That’s not something I can answer.
Here are the questions we want you to answer:
- When did you start blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is one thing you are going to do this week that is WAY cooler than going to BlogHer?
- Share a post that you think says a lot about you or is your favorite. (share the link in YOUR post so we all can see)
My blog is officially 2 years old 🙂
I was taking a class and one of the requirements of the class was to start a blog.
I’m getting ready for a very cool sponsored trip next week that I cannot wait to write about.
To be honest, it’s just too hard to narrow that down, so please feel free to browse around.