When is it time to move on?

As you can see, there is no “Friday-Follow” posted on my site this week.

What happened?
Let’s just say it was time for me to move on. While I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to have been part of “Friday-Follow”, it was just time to move on. I will continue to participate in the other Friday memes.

My question for you is, have you ever participated in something and have had to move on from it? How do you know when it’s time to move on?

My answer: When the rewards, appreciation and benefits are fewer than the efforts, monetary value and time put into something.
You wish them luck but, it is time for you to move on.

In the mean time, I will be enjoying the MANY other Friday memes out there!

New Friend FridaysbadgeSmart and Trendy Moms

…………….
Fun Friday Follow
…………. Friendly Friday Follow
…………….

…..

Comments

1. says

Its always nice to recognize when its time to call it quits and change directions. What was the reason you decided to drop that particular meme?? I’ve been debating whether to stop participating too, but mostly because I find that how its run doesn’t benefit me participating.

2. says

Wow, I’d never even been aware there are so many friday memes out there. I might just go try one of them next week! Thanks for sharing :)

3. says

I’m not good at the different Friday connections as well as others. Not good at the different games. I, just like to talk and reach out to others. That’s my direction. You, need to do for yourself whatever is comfortable and best for your life style. as well as rewarding. Have a good day. Rose

4. says

I think if you aren’t getting something out of a situation and it doesn’t make you happy, that it’s probably time to move on – especially if it’s just a hobby! Sometimes you just have to be a little selfish and think about yourself first.

5. says

I struggle all the time with the blog. Now that I do the Macaroni Kid thing, I am on a computer all the time, so I contemplated quitting the blog….but I love the reviews and the Christmas money it brings in. I think I just need to find a way to balance it all better.

6. says

I’ve had to choose to move on from jobs, friends and other situations. Anything that is becoming unhealthy is better left behind. Even something as small as a meme can be a drain if it takes up too much valuable time and effort.

Have a great weekend!

7. says

For me it’s just blogging. If I don’t feel it. I’m just not doing it.

Why make myself miserable doing something that isn’t necessary in the grand scheme of things.5

8. says

Sorry to see you go, but I’ve actually been thinking alot about doing away with the blog hops period. :( I get tired of making an effort to visit a blog and leave an actual comment, and get no return follow….or an I’m following you now. GRRR. Anyway…I’ll still be back to visit on Friday for FF 40 and Over!

9. says

Your gut is always your best judge. If I can’t do it with 100% it is time for me to move on. I am glad you made the best choice for you. Thanks for joining my Follow Me Friday.

Lydia

10. says

I think that this is one of life’s most important lessons! It’s also one of the hardest! Be it your fav. tv show or a relationship, or a pair of jeans you love, there are always moments when you come to this point! Have a great day and thanks for the follow!

11. says

Hello,
    From one former “saddle oxford” wearer to another (LOL)! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, I appreciate it. Wow, you sure have a lot of blogs listed to follow! I am always looking for new ones, so I will check some of them out.
    As for moving on..I have a hard time with change–but sometimes it is necessary. It usually works out for the best in the end, doesn’t it?
    Have a great day–good luck with the new blog! (Kathy)

12. says

Wow, that’s a lot of Friday following bloghops. I had no idea there were so many!

When I first read your post though I thought of my job at school- I left it after being there three years in May and I’m still definitely working through it. It’s a big (sad) change that I wasn’t expecting to have to make.