Google Alert is a no-brainer for me.
It helps me keep tabs on what is being said about me and/or my sites online.
It’s also free 🙂
Monitor the Web for interesting new content
Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.
Enter the topic you wish to monitor, then click preview to see the type of results you’ll receive. Some handy uses of Google Alerts include:
- monitoring a developing news story
- keeping current on a competitor or industry
- getting the latest on a celebrity or event
- keeping tabs on your favorite sports teams
- You can also click here to manage your alerts
Hang in there Michael Douglas
Michael Douglas, 65 (can you believe it?), recently revealed his diagnosis a stage four cancer of the throat. He says that he has an 80 percent chance of beating it. Douglas told People magazine: “I’ll beat this.”
Catherine Zeta Jones says that his chances of beating the cancer are reduced because it was only diagnosed three weeks ago after months of seeking a cause for persistent throat and ear pain. Awalnut-sized tumor was discovered on the base of his tongue in early August, the couple said.
“He sought every option and nothing was found. I knew something was up. He knew something was up,” Zeta-Jones told the US weekly, adding: “It makes me furious they didn’t detect it earlier.”
Douglas was more philosophical about how soon he was diagnosed, saying: “Without having to blame anybody… these things sometimes just don’t show up.”
Saturday 9: Half the Man I Used to Be
1. Do you feel that you are essentially the same person that your were ten years ago? Nope. not sure I want to be.
2. Is there something that you have to give all or nothing to?
Housework for instance?
3. Have you ever gambled? What have you bet on and for how much?
Hit 777 once at a Casino in Minnesota. Took my million quarters and bolted forever.
4. Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in a bed?
I’m old. I will use a bed. Preferable, my bed.
5. Tell us about the most disastrous or embarrassing first impression you’ve ever made on someone. Seriously, who would even tell you that you made a “disastrous or embarrassing first impression ” on them? Guess it must have been Hef cause he never asked me back.
6. Do you have a memorable “ripped clothing” moment in your life? No? How about in someone else’s? I’ve made it for 25 years, why wreck it over a silly meme.
7. What’s changed on your blog since its inception? …a redo? …a change of pace? …or is it about the same? Gone from Blogger to WP and back a couple of times due to hackers on servers. Will stay at WP for this site.
8. If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be? Stay away from buttered popcorn idiot.
9. Okay, let’s have it! What’s the craziest, most impulsive thing you’ve ever done? You mean besides start a blog and get addicted to memes?