I know…it’s annoying that I have that CAPTCHA junk that you need to pass through in order to leave a comment. I’m sure that I lose a lot of really nice comments that were attempted to be left.
However, you have to understand, when someone leaves a comment on my site, it gets stored in my database on my server. Let me tell you, I don’t need any more stuff happening to my server. Since installing the CAPTCHA plug-in, my spam has been nearly nullified. This is even better than ban, which got hacked btw and went schitzo on me. Be grateful this isn’t a blogger under the post having to refresh the stinkin’ page kind of CAPTCHA.
So,did you hear?
Fortune mag came out with the 50 most powerful women.
Here is a sampling.
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi, pulled off big acquisitions, while thirteen others earned big promotions. More
No surprise to see many of these hard-working women on the list. I don’t know what their family life is or anything else that may be related to their success.
My (ALOHA) question for you is, can a woman really have it all? The career- the family? What is a successful woman anyway?
My answer is that I believe that success if a very personal thing in that it is relative to you and your situation. What may be a success to me, may not be to you. I suppose that success can be measured according to the goals of the person measuring it.
For me, while I pretty much kissed my full-time nursing career good-bye to be a full-time mother many years ago, I have no regrets. I feel that I was a success because my kids did not turn out “messed up” largely because I was always there for them. That was my decision and I am grateful that I was fortunate enough to follow that path. Of course, sometimes I feel broke since what I’m doing now isn’t making me a mill. I’m sure that I’m a few wrinkles less than I would have been though 🙂
Today we picked Smashing Pumpkins. The song titles and the lyrics are in bold. Here’s Rock ‘n Roll Fridays!
1. 1979 “Shakedown 1979, Cool kids never have the time. On a live wire right up off the street, You and I should meet”.
Where were you in 1979? Go to the theater 16 times to see Animal House and then attempting to live it.
2. BELIEVE “And if they steal your life, your heart is still mine. Your song, you sing, a truth, there’s no other. I want to believe in you dear.”
What song do you love to sing along with? Pretty much anything from Zeppelin at the moment.
3. BULLIT WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS “Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage. Someone will say what is lost can never be saved. Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage”.
When was the last time you felt like a rat in a cage? When I looked at my laundry this morning.
4. CHRISTMASTIME “I remember dreaming, Wishing, Hoping, Praying for this day. Now I sit and watch them, the little ones I love”.
What day are you dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying for? I’m dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying that I find out soon…
5. DISARM “I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes. And what I choose is my voice. What’s a boy supposed to do?”
What did you bring to SHOW n TELL as a child to school? Like I can remember…….
6. THIRTY THREE “Supper’s waiting on the table. Tomorrow’s just an excuse away. So I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own. The Earth laughs beneath my heavy feet.”
When and where do you generally eat supper? 7ish with my dogs cause everyone else is at work or is too annoying.
7. TODAY “To cleanse these regrets, my angel wings were bruised and restrained. My belly stings.
When was the last time your belly “stung”?Neva- unless you count some Cartman stuff- the Milk Carton episode always gets me.
8. TONIGHT TONIGHT “Time is never time at all, you can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of youth. And our lives are forever changed. We will never be the same. The more you change the less you feel.”
Despite the number, what age do you think you really are? 29
9. APPELS AND ORANJES “What if the sun refused to shine? What if the clouds refused to rain? What if the wind refused to blow? What if the seas refused to wave? What if the world refused it’s turn?”
Do you believe the 2012 catastrophe will happen? If so, how are you preparing for it? No, I take things one day at a time.
10. CHERRY “Stay with me, I’ll set you free. ‘Cause I can tell you once were pretty. Rose, so sad you’ve lost your petals. Lost the luster off your tattle tales.”
What celebrity has not aged well? Most without their makeup! Or any of the Rolling Stones. Yikes!
11. CRESTFALLEN “Who am I to you? Along the way, I lost my faith. And as you were, you’ll be again. To mold like clay, to break like dirt. To tear me up in your sympathy.”
What was the last thing you made out of dirt or clay? Planted tomatoes- harvested a whopping 2 of them.
12. EYE “Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Turn to the gates of heaven, to myself be damned. Turn away from eye, it’s not enough, just a touch.”
How do you find peace? Running and Yoga
13. MA BELLE “You must hold your truce alone. To make love happen, the moon must send you home. There’s no place that I’d rather be”.
When was the last time you walked in the moonlight? Every morning.
Thanks for checking out our Friday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player’s posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!