You can try and here’s how.
1. Stop paying for things you don’t use.
2. Check your cellular plan. Many people are surprised that they don’t use as much on the data plan as they are paying for. AT&T estimates that 98 percent of customers use less than 2 gigs of data.
3. Eat in.
4. Make a list of 10 things you routinely spend money on (clothes, groceries, gifts, etc.) and cut $10 from each.
5. Pay cash for an entire month. You get a better sense of what’s coming out of your pocket, and it inspires some restraint.
6. Banish those fees. Bottom line: Don’t pay someone else for the use of your money.
7. Switch to a programmable thermostat. The government says this saves $180 a year off the typical energy bill.
My question for you is would you be able to take on these or any of these challenges to save $500?
Me, I already have one of those thermostat. I don’t use an ATM. Paying cash for a month- no way since I use PayPal and I like have the documentation on other payments. I do use cash when I can. I’m always going through the cell bill and calling AT&T. And I prefer to eat in.
WELCOME NEW FRIENDS!
Today we picked John Cougar Mellencamp. The song’s lyrics are in bold.
1. HURTS SO GOOD “When I was a young boy, Said put away those young boy ways
Now that I’m gettin’ older, so much older, I long for those young boy days”
What was the first “grown up” thing you did and when? I got a checking account and credit card after I got my first job at 16.
2. JACK AND DIANE “Suckin’ on chili dog outside the Tastee Freeze
Diane’s sittin’ on Jacky’s lap, He’s got his hand between her knees”
What do YOU order at a Tastee Freeze/Dairy Queen kind of place?
Back before Atkins revolution… I love the soft ice cream cones.
3. PINK HOUSES “There’s a black man with a black cat livin’ in a black neighborhood
He’s got an interstate runnin’ through his front yard, You know he thinks that he’s got it so good
And there’s a woman in the kitchen cleanin’ up the evenin’ slop, And he looks at her and says, “Hey darlin’, I can remember when you could stop a clock.”
What is YOUR favorite “evenin’ slop”? Huh?
4. I NEED A LOVER “I need a lover that won’t drive me crazy, Some girl that knows the meaning of a
Hey hit the highway”…
What was the last thing a lover did that drove YOU crazy?
Asked toooo many questions….
5. AIN’T EVEN DONE WITH THE NIGHT “Well I don’t know no good come-ons, And I don’t know no cool lines, I feel the heat of your frustration, I know it’s burnin you up deep down inside”
What is your best “pick up” line? Pick your crap up and put it away or I’m tossing it! Freakin’ freeloaders…
6. CRUMBLIN DOWN “Saw my picture in the paper, Read the news around my face, And now some people don’t want to treat me the same”
Were you ever in the newspaper, on TV or the radio?
Yah. But, nobody cares including me.
7. PAPER IN FIRE “Paper in fire, Stinkin’ up the ashtrays, Paper in fire, Smokin’ up the alleyways”
Have you ever smoked? What is your favorite smoking product. Cigar? Cigarette?
I like my lungs and my health thank you.
8. AUTHORITY SONG “Well, I fight authority, Authority always wins
Well, I’ve been doing it since I was a young kid, I come out grinnin’”
What is your favorite rule to disobey?
Not sure there are any.
9. R.O.C.K. IN THE USA “Voices from nowhere, And voices from the larger towns, Filled our head full of dreams, Turned the world upside down”
Who was your first favorite rock n roll group or singer? Besides the Monkey’s and David Cassidy?
10. SMALLTOWN “Well I was born in a small town, And I can breathe in a small town, Gonna die in a small town, Ah, that’s prob’ly where they’ll bury me”
What is the best part about living in a small town? You can drive across town here at 5pm in like 10 minutes. Where I came from you didn’t even dare to leave the house at that time of day.
11. CHERRY BOMB “That’s when a smoke was a smoke,
And groovin’ was groovin’, And dancin’ meant everything, We were young and we were improvin’, Laughin’, laughin’ with our friends”
When and where was the last dance you attended?
Solid Gold Dancers.
12. NO EXPRESSION “Yes, There’s a man that I know, With no expression, He’s got none at all”
What’s your favorite expression?
Are you on crack?
Are you on Crack?
13. CHECK IT OUT “A million young poets, Screamin’ out their words, Maybe someday, Those words will be heard, By future generations, Ridin’ on the highways that we built”
Do you have a favorite poem or at least a favorite poet?
Do people still get into that?