Today we picked Martin Luther King, Jr. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “A lie cannot live.” When was the last time you felt you were forced to lie?
When hid the peanuts from my son.
2. “A man who won’t die for something is not fit to live.” What, besides the lives of your family, would you be die for? A carb-free calorie free white chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory
3. “A right delayed is a right denied.” Are there rights or freedoms that you’d give up to be safer? You mean like all the airline crap?
4. “All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.” When was the last time that you solved a problem of yours just to create another?Daily…sometimes hourly. That’s life.
5. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” What do you have faith in? Rock ‘n Roll (because music can sooth your mortal soul…)
6. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” Do you believe things in generally will usually win out? I wish I could. But, then there are oppressive regimes screwing things up for innocent people all over the world.
7. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” When was the last time that you spoke out to help someone that you didn’t have to? Heck- daily. I’ve (obviously) got a big mouth.
8. “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.” Do you envision a time where the United States will not be at war? Why?
Nope. Because wars make president’s popular during voting season.
9. “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.” Is there anything that you are bitter about that you cannot get over?
Lately…Rick Sanchez (WAS a fan), Vick (gggrrrr…..), Gibson, BBC America for taking off Gavin and Stacy, and the murder of Lennon. I’m sure there are more things like Bin Ladin and Sunday night football.
10. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Do you take chances by speaking up even when it could cost you something?
Sure do. I’ve got one heck of a big mouth- AMEN.
Sorry if you came by yesterday and my post was bonkers.
I had to repost. Actually, it wasn’t all that great to begin with.