They say that the amount of time you should spend washing your hands is 20 seconds or the amount of time it takes to sing the happy birthday song twice. Why do we care?
Well duh, we are approaching flu season.
The CDC gives these tips:
Tips and Instructions
When washing hands with soap and water:
- Wet your hands with clean running water and apply soap. Use warm water if it is available.
- Rub hands together to make a lather and scrub all surfaces.
- Continue rubbing hands for 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a paper towel or air dryer. If possible, use your paper towel to turn off the faucet.
When should you wash your hands?
- Before and after preparing food
- Before and after eating food
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- Before and after tending to someone who is sick
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling an animal or animal waste
- After handling garbage
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
Remember: If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based gel (at least 60% alcohol) to clean hands.
When using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer:
- Apply product to the palm of one hand, using the amount of product indicated on the label.
- Rub hands together.
- Rub the product over all surfaces of hands and fingers until hands are dry.
The Friday-After-Thanksgiving is traditionally one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
Therefore, we’re excited to share the news with you that Walmart Stores will be having an all night “Open House” the Friday-After-Thanksgiving beginning at midnight* with deals on toys, apparel and home followed by a Must-Have Electronics Event beginning at 5:00 a.m.
You can find the most up to date Friday-After-Thanksgiving pricing for both stores and online now by becoming a fan on Facebook at facebook.com/Walmart or visiting Walmart.com starting Tuesday.
As a sneak peek, we can confirm the following items and prices that I’m sure you’ll find to be the best savings of the season.
In-Store Electronics Savings Starting at 5:00 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 26 while supplies last (Online times may vary):
15.6″ HP Laptop – $298
Emerson 32″ LCD HDTV – $198
Sansui 19″ LCD HDTV – $98
Nintendo DS Lite (in multiple colors) – $89
15.6” eMachines Laptop – $198
Kodak C183 Digital Camera (14 megapixels) – $59
Tom Tom GPS XL 335 SE 4.3″ GPS – $79
Magnavox Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player with $10 free VUDU movie credits – $69
In-Store Savings on Toys, Home and Apparel Starting at Midnight* on Friday, Nov 26 while supplies last (Online times may vary):
Nintendo Wii $199 with $50 Walmart Gift Card **
Toy Story 3 DVD ¿ $10 **
Zhu Zhu Pets – $4
Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, 5-qt Oval – $9.97
500 Thread Count Sheets from Beautyrest – Full, Queen, King – $19.88
Shark Steam Mop – $36
Wrangler Jeans – $9
Infant and Toddler 2-piece Character Sleepwear Sets – $4
Lego Tubs – $15
Power Wheels – $88
Bikes – starting at $29
The Walmart Affiliate Team
* Except as prohibited by local law. Please check your local store for confirmation of store hours.
** The Nintendo Wii offer and Toy Story 3 DVD will be available in stores starting at midnight on Nov. 26, while supplies last. The additional Electronics Savings will be available in stores at 5am while supplies last.