Is Amazon on Crack ?
By now you have heard the story about a book that showed up on Amazon.com. The book was ‘self-published’ and it was meant to be a guide for pedophiles and cost a mere $4.95 . Last time I check, pedophilia was immoral and illegal. However, the book sold over 300 copies and was even more popular 2 hours after Techcrunch posted news of it its site. The book went from a sales ranking of 158,221 in the Kindle store to 5,668.
Well, credit the many mommy bloggers out there for making a stink.
It was all abuzz on Twitter and Facebook . By midday, more than 10,700 people had “liked” the page “Boycott Amazon.com for Selling Guide for Pedophile.” A second page, “Boycott Amazon for Selling Pedophile Guide” had attracted another 4,500 followers.
At first, Amazon responded by issuing a statement, calling it “censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable.”
Amazon also affirmed the company’s “support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions.”
About the same time the buzz took off the book seemed to have disappeared from the Amazon racks. Rumor has it that that the author told media outlets (hhmmm…hey police- known pedophile..) Amazon will relist his book after it conducts an internal investigation. He claims it sold more than 300 copies.
So what say you?
Should Amazon start censoring what is sold (kind of like eBay tries to do) or should people be able to sell stuff like this on their site?
My thought is this, if eBay can sensor, so should Amazon. After-all, Amazon is the first place college students go to buy and sell textbooks these days.
1. FRIDAY I’M IN LOVE “Monday you can fall apart, Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart.
Oh, Thursday doesn’t even start, It’s Friday I’m in love”
Do you have a certain day of the week for particular meal, such as pizza night or a family night, such as Game night? Pizza on Fridays
2. LOVECATS “We should have each other to tea huh? We should have each other with cream, Then curl up by the fire And sleep for awhile”
What is your favorite brand of tea (or iced tea)? ewe…not a tea drinker
3. LETS GO TO BED “Another girl, Another name, Stay alive but stay the same
It’s just the same, A stupid game”
Have you ever joined a dating service or used personal ads to find a date?
4. NEVER ENOUGH “However big I ever feel, It’s never enough. Whatever I do to make it real, It’s never enough. In any way I try to speak. Never enough”
What is the last project you worked hard on, only to get knocked down with friends /family insults about it?
Let’s just say that they like to eat and have clean underwear in the morning.
5. JUST LIKE HEAVEN “Show me how you do that trick, The one that makes me scream” she said. “The one that makes me laugh” she said. And threw her arms around my neck . “Show me how you do it And I promise you I promise that
I’ll run away with you ”
What’s your best trick?
I can touch my tongue to my nose. wowness.
6. INBETWEEN DAYS “Yesterday I got so old I felt like I could die. Yesterday I got so old It made me want to cry…”
When was the last time you felt old or were told by someone else that you were too old to do something?
Me? Never. I love middle age.
7. WHY CANT I BE YOU “Everything you do is irresistable
Everything you do is simply kissable Why can’t I be you?”
What would you say to your favorite celebrity if you met them in person?
Don’t think I have a fav celeb.
8. THIS TWILIGHT GARDEN “I lift my eyes from watching you
to watch the star rise shine onto your dreaming face and dreaming smile
you’re dreaming worlds for me “
What is the nicest thing about sleeping with someone else, or sleeping alone?
I wouldn’t know however, often I do think about what it would be like to sleep in the middle of the bed. It’ll never happen as long as there are canines around.
9. PRIMARY “The innocence of sleeping children Dressed in white And slowly dreaming Stops all time Slow my steps and start to blur
So many years have filled my heart I never thought I’d say those words”
What do children do that amuses you most?
I’ll let you know when I find out.
10. 10:15 ON A SATURDAY NIGHT “Under the strip light, And I’m sitting
In the kitchen sink, And the tap drips , Drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip”
What was the last appliance or household item you fixed?
Toilet. Hate that running noise.
11. BOYS DON’T CRY “I would say I’m sorry If I thought that it would change your mind
But I know that this time I’ve said too much Been too unkind “
What was the last thing you said to someone that you wish you could take back?
“You can live here as long as you like…”
12. CATERPILLAR “You flicker And you’re beautiful You glow inside my head
You hold me hynotized I’m mesmerized Your flames The flames that kiss me dead “
What is your favorite insect? Beetlejuice
13. CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES “Sometimes i’m dreaming Expressionless the trance
Sometimes i’m dreaming So many different names Sometimes i’m dreaming The sounds all stay the same “
What era in history would you like to visit for one day? This one thanks.