Did you attend or even just watch the Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive?
I know, I know, restoring sanity asking a lot but, TV by the numbers.com has some interesting numbers on all this:
“Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear” (Saturday, October 30, 12:00-3:00 p.m. ET)
- 2.0 million total viewers (P2+)
- 1.1 million P18-49 viewers; 1.0 P18-49 rating
- 682,309 P18-34 viewers; 1.2 P18-34 rating
- 1.4 M18-34 rating
Viewership was up +362% vs. recent channel levels in the time period
The “Rally” telecast averaged a 1.0 P18-49 rating, which also quadrupled the channel average (+313%)
P18-34 garnered a 1.2 rating and M18-34 posted a 1.4 rating. Both demos more than tripled recent benchmarks, by +263% and +237% respectively.
- There were 570,000 live video streams of The Event. Fans were streaming live on comedycentral.com or via their iPhone, iPad or Android devices. This is one of the biggest live streaming events ever for MTV Networks.
- Across Comedy Central Digital, (day of Event) there were more than 800,000 visitors to the Rally related sites.
- Fans viewing the live stream were extremely engaged with an average time of 37mins.
- Twitter: there were over 120k tweets on Saturday mentioning the Rally. The conversations that occurred just on Saturday represent over 50% of the total Twitter mentions of the rallies since they were announced.
- Foursquare: an “Epic Swarm” Event, registering over 50,000 check-ins between the Rally To Restore Sanity and March to Keep Fear Alive locations. This was the largest single Event ever for Foursquare. Over 25,000 badge unlocks.
- Within 48hrs of the apps release, fans downloaded 117,000 instances of the mobile apps (iPhone and Android combined)
- Over 35,000 rally related photos were uploaded within the mobile apps or tagged on Flickr.
CROWD ESTIMATES AT THE “RALLY”
- Event organizers feel confident that over 250,000 people attended the rally.
According to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Metro set a new record for highest Saturday Metrorail ridership on Saturday, October 30, breaking a 19 year old record. Officials estimate 825,437 Metrorail trips were taken, with many people traveling to the National Mall for the “Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.” http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4717
|Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear|
|Jon and Stephen – Stephens Fearful Entrance|
FYI, CBS estimated that the rally that started it all a couple of months ago, “AirPhotosLive.com gave its estimate a margin of error of 9,000, meaning between 78,000 and 96,000 people attended the rally. The photos used to make the estimate were taken at noon Saturday, which is when the company estimated was the rally’s high point.”
Shoutout to Free-loader #2 who turns 19 today!
We’re having a ‘spa’ day!
Do you have any idea how much this one is gonna cost me???