A photographer was driving through Yellowstone National Park and caught this photo of a Bear chasing a wounded Bison. From what I hear, the Bear is not the reason the Bison was wounded in the first place and he never caught the bison. The Bison was put to sleep by authorities.
The Milky Way Over the Peak of the Furnace Credit & Copyright: Luc Perrot
In France there is an active volcano (Reunion Island – Piton de la Fournaise French for the Peak of the Furnace
The Volcano started a new eruption last month by spewing hot lava bombs as high as 10 meters into the air from several vents. Pictured above, the recent eruption was caught before a star filled southern sky, appearing somehow contained beneath the arching band of our Milky Way Galaxy. Also visible in the background sky is the Pleiades open star cluster, the constellation of Orion, the brightest star Sirius, and the neighboring Large and Small Magellanic Cloud galaxies. Nobody knows how long the current eruption will last, or when The Volcano will erupt next.
Today we picked Dolly Parton. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it’s just depressing to me. The poor little kids.”
What was your worst year in school? Why?
Not sure I had a worst. They all sucked the same I guess…
2. “I still close my eyes and go home – I can always draw from that.”
Tell us about YOUR home.
It’s a house with a white picket fence with a pit-mutt and a loud mouthed schnauzer in the backyard.
Oh, and a couple of freeloaders upstairs.
3. “I’m not going to limit myself just because people won’t accept the fact that I can do something else.”
What have you been told that you couldn’t do, but proved them wrong?
Made dinner last night.
4. “I’m old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I’d tell them where to put it.”
What was the last incident where you were told what to do and were insulted?
I don’t let that happen these days
5. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.”
Have you ever reinvented yourself? How?
Became an adult, bought a house, had kids….
6. “If you talk bad about country music, it’s like saying bad things about my momma. Thems fightin’ words.”
Is there a type of music that you hate?
The kind, usually country, that autoplays when I visit blogs.
7. “It’s a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I’d be a drag queen.”
Have you ever crossed dressed for Halloween or just for the hell of it?
8. “My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.”
What are your weaknesses?
9. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
Tell us about something that you did that required patience, but was worth it.
10. “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.”
When was the last time you made a major change in your life
Geez…in the past year losing my parents was pretty major.