Is it a Do or a Don’t?
Do or don’t
Do or don’t
Elizabeth Edwards has left us as we all know.
She had been diagnosed during the final days of the 2004 Presidential campaign.
She had said in interviews that she had not gotten her mammogram in four years prior to being diagnosed. For her age, mid 50’s, she probably should have had it done yearly.
My aloha question for you is this, knowing all of this, does what happened to Elizabeth Edwards inspire you in any way and if so, how?
Today we picked Simon and Garfunkel.
1. A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER But look around, the leaves are brown, And the sky is a hazy shade of winter. Oh, seasons change with scenery, weaving time in a tapestry, Won’t you stop and remember me?
Do you think of someone special during Winter?
2. BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER When you’re down and out, When you’re on the street, When evening falls so hard I will comfort you. I’ll take your part.
What cheers you up?
Spraklie things on my hands and green stuff in my wallet.
3. EL CONDOR PASA I’d rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would. I’d rather feel the earth beneath my feet.
When was the last time you went barefoot in the grass?
Last summer like all the time since I have a pool.
4. AMERICA Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, They’ve all come to look for America…
How do you entertain yourself during a traffic jam?
I move to Hooterville where there are no traffic jams.
5. SOUNDS OF SILENCE When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night And touched the sound of silence
What words would flash on your ideal neon sign?
“Rent a Freeloader”
6. 59th STREET BRIDGE SONG Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy.
What was the last event that made you feel groovy?
7. RICHARD CORY The papers print his picture almost everywhere he goes: Richard Cory at the opera, Richard Cory at a show. And the rumor of his parties and the orgies on his yacht! Oh, he surely must be happy with everything he’s got.
Do you make enough money to keep you happy?
Does anyone really?
8. THE BOXER In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of ev’ry glove that laid him down
How do you feel about boxing as a sport?
I’m gonna try kickboxing soon. Is that the same?
9. MRS ROBINSON Hide in the hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes. It’s a little secret just the Robinsons’ affair. Most of all you’ve got to hide it from the kids.
What was the last thing you hid from the kids or significant other in your home?
I hid crud pretty much every minute of the day. That’s why I still have stuff like chocolate.
10. I AM A ROCK I have my books And my poetry to protect me; I am shielded in my armor,
What item protects you?
My Pitbull. Hello??
11. KATHY’S SONG I hear the drizzle of the rain Like a memory it falls Soft and warm continuing Tapping on my roof and walls.
What is your least favorite thing about rain?
When it gets cold and turns to ice.
12. HOMEWARD BOUND Home where my thought’s escaping, Home where my music’s playing, Home where my love lies waiting Silently for me.
What’s your favorite thing about your home?
13. FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER The problem is all inside your head, she said to me The answer is easy if you take it logically I’d like to help you in your struggle to be free There must be fifty ways to leave your lover
What was the worst way you ever left a lover?
When I do so, I’ll let you know.