The Frisky Says: Here are the top five things we women don’t understand about how men argue — and sweeping gender generalizations!
The Frisky: 15 signs you are more than just friends
1.Sometimes men just don’t want to talk. It’s an old saw that men don’t see the point of discussing a problem unless there is something they can do immediately to solve it
2. Sometimes, a woman’s tears really scare a man and/or make him defensive. One of the most messed-up things about how our culture socializes boys is that they are taught it’s not OK to cry. Crying is seen as a sign of weakness. Some seem scared by tears, like she’s a vat of nuclear waste overflowing. Others seem to get defensive, like tears are bullets hurled at them. Tears are neither. They are just tears and they just represent sadness, frustration, humiliation or anger. That’s all.
3. Sometimes it seems like they dig a hole and keep digging and digging — instead of just saying, “That was wrong. I’m sorry.” One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever heard came from my friend Andrew, who told me, “Never change a winning game.” He meant that if things are going well for you then you shouldn’t tinker with it and instead figure out how you came to win.
4. How any variation of “You’re just being too emotional/crazy/unreasonable/etc.” is apparently a fair argument. Oh, yes. The lovely “You’re just being crazy!” trump card.Telling a woman she’s crazy or over-emotional will accomplish nothing, other than make her feel judged and make you look like a jerk.
The Frisky: 8 celebs who married their fans
5.Waking up the next morning and pretending nothing happened is not a resolution. This goes back to item No. 1. Uncomfortable conversations have to be had. Going to bed angry doesn’t mean that the next morning all’s well again.
Saturday 9: Wouldn’t It Be Nice
1. What’s the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you?
Gave me a million dollars. When it happens, I’ll let you know.
2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?
My Mother yelling at me to do something.
3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
I’ve had more than one chosen field and too many job to count-I’m old. However, the job of motherhood is unquestionably the best.
4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?
All I guess
5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)
Bud offered to pay me to do the meme. I was in France with my twin cousins.
6. What’s the worst beverage you’ve ever tasted?
Seltzer water—plain seltzer water. Worse than pickle juice.
7. Is there anything in life you are “certain” about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions? Death and Taxes.
8. How did you come up with the title of your blog’s posts?
I randomly choose from the meme questions usually. It’s not rocket science.
9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?
I love to cook/bake but, if I do I’ll eat it.
Monday Mayhem is coming soon people…