Superbowl ads are coming….
I just read but, didn’t really need to, that Bridgestone likes to put cute little animals in its Super Bowl ads, to demonstrate that the superior stopping power of its tires can prevent furry fauna from becoming roadkill.
In this ad, Bridgestone says, “a chance encounter on an idyllic woodland road puts one driver’s fate squarely in the paws of a very special little beaver. What happens next may change the way you drive forever.”
Rumor has it that Super Bowl ads run for about $3 million for 30 seconds of air time.
So, I’m going to be away on ‘assignment’ for a few days next week and I was wondering what to do with those emails I really don’t want to get to until I return.
- “Out-of-office NEVER COMING BACK.”
- “Out-of-office sipping margaritas on the beach, ha ha!”
- “Out-of-office going to the bathroom.” “If you need immediate technical assistance, please call or e-mail [my department] after the beep.
- I will be on vacation from Wednesday through Wednesday (inclusive), and will not be checking my e-mail. Seriously. I don’t even have a cell phone with e-mail capabilities. Please do not panic, stampede or otherwise become fretful. There are other [department] minions available to do your nefarious bidding; make them work while I’m out of town goofing off. If you would prefer to receive extremely belated technical assistance, I will be back next Thursday. Please Note: Larger denomination bribes and/or larger quantities of canned goods or other non-perishable (but tasty) food items will receive priority treatment.”
Saturday 9: My Woman From Tokyo
1. Have you ever been to Japan? If not would you like to travel there?
2. Have you ever played a game that required removal of clothing?
Yes- swimming. Didn’t need to get my cover-up wet despite risking blinding the other pool and beach goers.
3. Have you ever dated one of your best friends?
My best friends are dogs and I haven’t dated in decades.
4. Have you ever kissed someone you didn’t know?
5. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
It’s a secret dummy.
6. What feature are you most insecure about?
I have a crappy sounding voice in my opinion.
7. What do you miss most about being young?
8. Who is the most annoying musical artist EVER?
Pretty much anything my daughter listens to.
9. Have you ever applied for a job that was an internet hoax, asking for credit history and your social security number?
Once I applied for Thursday Thunks. The interview didn’t go so well so now there is some dating thing going on instead. What a creepy question. Now I’m all paranoid.