Are ya gonna watch the Oscars on Sunday?
- FYI- the first Academy Awards ceremony took place out of the public eye during an Academy banquet at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- 270 people attended the May 16, 1929 dinner in the hotel’s Blossom Room; guest tickets cost $5.
- Fifteen statuettes were awarded at the first ceremony for cinematic achievements in 1927 and 1928.
- The first Best Actor winner was acclaimed German tragedian Emil Jannings, who had to return to Europe before the ceremony. The Academy granted his request to receive the trophy early, making his statuette the very first Academy Award ever presented.
- Since 1969, the Oscar show has been broadcast internationally, now reaching movie fans in over 200 countries.
- Best Picture: Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids Are All Right, The King’s Speech, 127 Hours, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, Winter’s Bone
Actor in a Leading Role: Javier Bardem, Jeff Bridges, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco
Actress in a Leading Role: Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams
Directing: Black Swan, The Fighter, The King’s Speech, The Social Network, True Grit
- GET A BALLOT
Saturday 9: Monday, Monday
1. How does your day usually go on Monday?
Why…it’s Monday Mayhem and this Monday is Viral Video Monday!
2. Who was the last band you saw live?
3. When was the last time you purchased something over $50?
4. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
5. Do you wish you were someplace else right now?
Putting laundry away
6. Tell us about the last wedding that you attended.
I can’t even remember
7. What’s annoying you right now?
FL#2 blab blab blab
8. What is your best skill/ability? Why?
tuning out blabbers
9. If someone asked a friend of yours, “Hey, what is one thing your friend is exceptional at?”, what would they say about you? Why?
Having no friends.