It’s National Wear Red Day®-when you can wear red to show your support for women’s heart disease awareness.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States and is a major cause of disability. Almost 700,000 people die of heart disease in the U.S. each year. That is about 29% of all U.S. deaths.
- Heart Disease Prevention – Information from the CDC about what you can do to lower your risk for heart disease and heart attack.
- The CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention – View health topics related to heart disease and stroke, access information about prevention programs and view publications and statistics.
- WomensHealth.gov – Heart Disease – View answers to frequently asked questions about heart disease in women and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- The Heart Truth – A campaign to make women more aware of the danger of heart disease, sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) and other organizations.
- Act in Time – An NHLBI website that provides information about heart attacks and what to do in order to survive one.
- HealthyPeople.gov – A federal website geared toward helping Americans identify the most significant preventable threats to their health and establishing national goals to reduce these threats.
- Quick Guide to Healthy Living – Heart Health – Information about how to keep your heart healthy from HealthFinder.gov.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) offers information about how to eat for a healthy heart.
MORE SUPERBOWL COMMERCIALS
Will you be watching the Superbowl?
I’m sure I’ll be stopping through especially, for the half-time and commercials.
Today we picked Heavy Metal Bands.
1. Black Sabbath: Iron Man “Is he alive or dead, has he thoughts within his head? We’ll just pass him there. Why should we even care?”
Do you believe in Dr Kevorkian’s concept of “mercy killing” ?
I once sent my sister a birthday card with a Kevorkian gift certificate. My mother blew a gasket! When I was a nurse, I saw many patients dieing a painful death from incurable cancer etc.
2. Led Zeppelin: Rock n Roll “It’s been a long time since I rock n rolled, it’s been a long time since I did the stroll”
What have you not done in a long time that you would like to do again?
Read “Bite Me” on Thom’s site.
3. AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long “Cause the walls start shaking, the earth was quaking, my mind was aching and we were making it…”
Have you ever been in an earthquake?
True store- I was ‘in the bathroom’ when a quake hit a few years ago. Talk about freaked out.
4. Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze “Purple haze all around. Don’t know if I’m up or down. Am I happy or in misery? Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me”
Do you believe people can put spells on other people?
It depends on how you define “spell”. There are a lot of wanna be ‘brain-washers’ out there….
5. Metallica: Enter Sandman ”Something’s wrong, shut the light. Heavy thoughts tonight. And they aren’t of snow white…”
What most recent thoughts kept you from falling asleep?
What the heck my daughter and her friend were doing outside at midnight after we got pounded with 12 inches of snow embedded with ice. GF got her truck stuck in a drift. Gee…do you think?
6. Judas Priest: You’ve Got Another Thing Coming “One life I’m gonna live it up, I’m takin flight, I said I’ll never get enough. Stand tall, I’m young and kinda proud…”
What did you think you would do as a grown up that never happened?
The Hollywood thing…like most people.
7. Motorhead: Ace of Spades “You win some you lose some, it’s all the same for me. The pleasure is to play…”
Do you play the lottery / scratch tickets?
Nah. Not since I heard that you have a better chance of getting struck by lightening twice in a day.
8. Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast “Woe to you o’ earth and sea. For the devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows that time is short…”
Do you believe the earth is headed down a catastrophic path with severe weather and climate changes, or is this just a passing phase?
Like that Wifeswap couple? Kathy- remember the couple who took out all of those payment plans thinking the earth would end before they had to pay them off?
9. Slayer: Angel of Death “Auschwitz; the meaning of pain. The way that I want you to die. Slow death, immense decay…”
Should the USA continue to try to help change nations who have inhumane laws?
I’m with Slayer.
Ironic, we want more trade with China.
10. Spinal Tap: Stonehenge “In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people…the Druids”
What ancient civilization do you like the best?
the 1970’s and that’s it!
11. Kiss: Rock n Roll All Night “You keep sayin you’ll be mine for awhile. You’re lookin fancy and I like your style…”
Ever date or hang out with someone just because of the way they look?
Dogs with those droopy eyes looking at ya.
12. Uriah Heep: The Wizard “Why don’t we listen to the voices in our hearts, cause then I know we’d find we’re not so far apart”…
Do you believe we could ever find one government style (democratic, socialist, etc) that suits everybody in the world?
Not as long as there are uneducated and oppressed people.
13. Dio: Rainbow In the Dark “There’s no sign of the morning coming, you’ve been left on your own. Like a rainbow in the dark.”
Ever been stood up when you were meeting someone?
Paul Newman. Then I found out he died.