THE GENIUS POT GUY…
Perhaps you have heard about this guy…
And…an important reminder…
Here’s how to do it:
- Wet your hands with clean running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry.
And here’s when to do it:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal or animal waste
- After touching garbage
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
What About Hand Sanitizers?
- Washing hands with soap and water is the best way to reduce the number of germs on them. But, if soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer.
- Important: Hand sanitizers are not effective if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can quickly reduce the number of germs on hands in some situations, but sanitizers do not eliminate all types of germs.
- Always use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Here’s how to use hand sanitizer properly:
How to use the sanitizers
- Apply the product to the palm of one hand.
- Rub your hands together.
- Rub the product over all surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are dry.
- For more information on handwashing, check out these resources:
Welcome to another cool edition of Monday Mayhem.
Today’s meme is all about the headlines in the news. For each headline- finish or embellish the title and add a brief description (one sentence is cool). Don’t forget, this is suppose to be fun because we are Über cool people!
1. Man hospitalized after being hit in road while picking up penny.
Proves that there is truth to the rumor that only heads up pennies are lucky.
2. Suspicious package just “food” in a bag.
McDonalds needs to stop using the unmarked bags.
3. Parrots tend to be “left handed,” (overly funded) study finds.
Do parrots even have hands?
4. Palin: America out of step with Reagan’s values.
America: Palin out of step with Dancing with the Stars.
5.Who really cares about the Opinion: Why refs ‘swallow the whistle’?
Maybe they should use a string or something on their whistle’s like gym teachers.
6. Man gets 9 years in cartoon attack.
Revenge of Chef.
7. Lohan’s (very wealthy) attorney denies actress stole necklace (like this is the first time she has walked off with someone else’s property)
Nobody knows for sure what says Lohan since nobody can find Lohan.