I just had to share this….
Michael Vick was awarded the key to the city in Dallas. There are some people questioning this- read here. Anyway, a local radio personality who adopted one of the surviving Vick Pit’s mentioned something to Vick about the dog (thought it was okay since Vick gave an interview a while back saying he was interested in the dogs..). Watch what happens……
On to my WW (since we all know the above could hardly be kept wordless)..
This is a shot of Chicago yesterday…
It was 9 degrees out at the time. Check out the water from Lake Michigan.
Got this in an email…
1. A tree’s a tree. How many more do you need to look at?
Are you concerned about mankind’s intrusion into forests and jungles?
and vice versa…
2. All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
What is the biggest change that you’ve seen in your lifetime with the U.S?
An actor became President and nearly 30 years later he is personified by the Queen of Alaska.
3. All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.
Do you feel nuclear power is still the fuel of our future?
Aren’t there other kinds of fuel out there?
4. But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
How did you do academically in high school?
Got my diploma…that’s all that matters.
5. Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
How closely have you followed the uprising in Egypt? Thoughts?
Whatever the results are, it can have a huge impact on other countries on many levels.
I find it inspiring to see people stand up for freedom and not be censored doing it. However, I do wonder where the bulk of the female population is.
6. Democracy is worth dying for, because it’s the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
Do you feel a political system is worth dying for?
Let’s just say I am grateful to be in the USA
7. Don’t be afraid to see what you see.
What do you see that scares you?
8. Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we’ve ever known.
Tell us about an advance that you we will see in out lifetimes that is not in existence
Spell check that knows when you wanted an “our” and not an “out”. D’oh! I hate when that happens.
9. Facts are stubborn things.
What is something that most think of as a fact that does not ring true to you?
That a certain President was considered effective for the country, by some, even though the economy was tanked and the rich got richer.
10. Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
What do you think of politicians that use religion as justification of their beliefs?
Guess that one is up to the founding forefathers.