Category- Food – Refrigerator (40 °F or below)- Freezer (0 °F or below)
and always check your product dates
1. Salads– Egg, chicken, ham, tuna & macaroni salads, 3 to 5 days, Does not freeze well
2. Hot dogs– opened package, 1 week (fridge), 1 to 2 months (freezer)
3. Hot Dogs unopened package- 2 weeks (fridge- check dates), 1 to 2 months (freezer)
4. Luncheon meat-opened package or deli sliced, 3 to 5 days (fridge),1 to 2 months (freezer)
5. Luncheon meat- unopened package-2 weeks (check dates), 1 to 2 months (freezer)
6. Bacon– 7 days (check dates- fridge), 1 month (freezer)
7. Sausage, raw — from chicken, turkey, pork, beef, Fridge 1 to 2 days, 1 to 2 months (freezer)
8. Hamburger & Other Ground Meats– Hamburger, ground beef, turkey, veal, pork, lamb, & mixtures of them, 1 to 2 days, 3 to 4 months (freezer)
9. Steaks– 3 to 5 days (fridge), 6 to 12 months (freezer)
10. Fresh Poultry- Chicken or turkey, whole, 1 to 2 days, 1 year (9 mo if in pieces)(freezer)
11. Soups & Stews (Vegetable or meat added), 3 to 4 days (fridge), 2 to 3 months frozen(freezer)
12. Leftovers (Cooked meat or poultry)- 3 to 4 days (fridge), 2 to 6 months (freezer)
13. Pizza- 3 to 4 days (fridge), 1 to 2 months (freezer)
Eating Grapes in the Rain
Welcome to the March 31st edition of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog… simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture – we don’t care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Don’t forget to go visit the other participants’ blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That’s what all this is about after all, isn’t it?
We’ll have so much fun and become lifelong friends….
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of April Showers and the number 93888..
*We will now be publishing updates for Thursday Thunks on Facebook via the InsanityCafe fanpage. Please “like” us there to get your TT reminder!
1. If all the world is a stage, where are the audience sitting?
2. Taken from InsanityCafe Forums: If ghosts exist and are around us now, what happens if all life on Earth is destroyed? Would ghosts remain or also be destroyed? If ghosts are energy and energy on the planet is destroyed, wouldn’t it destroy ghosts?
3. How do you know you live in the real world?
4. What the best/worst April Fools Day joke that has ever been played on you? Same question for one that you have played on someone else.
It’s hard to play on on me but, I have been known to wake hubby up with the old “the phone’s ringing- wake up”.
5. If you could pick the last year of your life, which would you pick and why?
Last as in “final” or 2010? Hopefully, not one and the same.
6. April showers bring May flowers. Have you ever been stuck in a rainstorm?
7. Grapes. Green or red/purple? Seeded or seedless?
8. Someone knocks at your door asking where your neighbor lives, calling your neighbor by name, do you point them in the right direction?
I don’t answer the door to be honest. If anyone would knock at my door, they would be greeted by a loud canine frenzy- one loud and yappy and the other deep and scary.
9. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
10. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Going out to retrieve a loud mouthed schnauzer.