Where have I been all week?
Well, as many of you know, I lost my parents last year. I was in Florida cleaning out there house to put it on the market. 80 something years worth of stuff. It was a lot of work.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by and reading my posts.
He was the 16 year old basketball player from Michigan who scored the winning points to lift his High School to a perfect season.
He then collapsed on the court after the game
Mickey Rooney was abused!
Who would go after Andy Hardy?
He’s 90 years old and he is trying to convince a Senate Committee on Aging to take a stance on elder abuse. Rooney says that that he was abused by a family member who took control of his life, and described feeling “scared, disappointed, yes, and angry.”
“You can’t believe that it’s happening to you,” Rooney said. “You feel overwhelmed.”
“I’m asking you to stop this elderly abuse. I mean to stop it. Now. Not tomorrow, not next month, but now,” he shouted from the witness table. Pass legislation and send it to be signed into law by President Barack Obama, he urged, so that the nation can say “it’s a crime and we will not allow it in the United States of America.”
Who abused Rooney? His step daughter. Rooney filed a restraining order against his stepson and stepdaughter, claiming both emotional and financial abuse.
Saturday 9: Medicate
1. Do you take a lot of medication?
2. Name one of your flaws and tell us about it.
3. Have you ever won first place? If yes, tell us about your victory!
ppffffftttttt…guess it all depends on how to define “first place” but, I doubt it in any definition.
4. Who is the last person to make you smile? What was happening?
My son. He was making fun of someone going after a pregnant actress.
5. Describe a time when you should have tried harder.
Winning the lottery?
6. What are you best at?
7. If someone was going to make a movie or TV show about your life, who would play you and why?
Let’s see, last time this question came up I said Kathy Bates. Because she is older and has more insurance.
8. Name 3 things that you think are strange.
Politicians who say we need more jobs and then complain about spending when jobs are created.
Politicians who fake-bake and want us to believe what they say.
9. What is one lesson you have learned in the past 12 months?
“Winning” has many a definition.