Okay, I admit it…it’s been a while…a long while since I’ve watched All My Children.
After 41 years, All My Children will take a place in television history in September. A new show, Chew,” a live one-hour show about food and nutrition, will take it’s place.
When I was in college, the student union would be packed every day between 12 and 3 with students watching All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital. When we all graduated and got real jobs it got hard to watch TV in the middle of the day so we used our trusty VCR’s (also dead) to fill us in on what we missed. If you ever missed a week, or two, or even 52, it was satisfying to know that we didn’t miss much of what went on in Pine Valley. Unless of course, something happened to one of the actors life they got a ‘real’ acting gig.
All My Children” demise is blamed on below par ratings of 2.5 million viewers a day.
Like death and taxes, it was always certain that on any given date, you could tune in to AMC and see Erica Kane, who never aged a bit since 1969, deal with the man of the moment.
“Seven of her marriages to six different men have been valid while four of her other marriages are invalid. Generally, the number of times Erica has been married is named as ten,though the total of her valid and invalid marriages, plus her 1991 vow renewal with Adam Chandler, would come up to twelve.
And so, life goes on….
ALOHA FRIENDS…. have you ever been a Soap watcher? Which one(s)?
1. Black and White: “The world is black The world is white
It turns by day and then by night The child is black The child is white
Together they grow to see the light To see the light”
What are your favorite black and white items?
Black clothes- White Album
2. Joy To The World: “If I were the King of the world, Tell you what I’d do,
I’d throw away the cars and the bars and the wars
And make sweet love to you”
What would YOU do if you were King of the World?
I’d double check between my legs to see wth is going on….
3. Easy To Be Hard: “How can people have no feelings, How can they ignore their friends
Easy to be proud, easy to say no”
Have you ever ignored a friend?
4. Old Fashioned Love Song: “Just an old-fashioned love song, One I’m sure they wrote for you and me, Just an old-fashioned love song, Comin’ down in 3-part harmony”
What song do you think was written about you?
Stairway to Heaven.
5. Out In The Country: “Before the breathin’ air is gone, Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime, Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone and take back somethin’ worth rememberin’”
When was the last time you took back something worth rememberin?
I took some mascara back to Wags today cause it rang up wrong and I wanted my $4.50 back. They were nice about it.
6. Family of Man: “Memories replacing the loves that we’ve lost, Burning our bridges as soon as they’re crossed, Factories built where the rivers ran, And time running out for the family of man”
Since the nuclear plant tragedy in Japan, what alternate power source would you prefer?
I love the sun.
7. Shambala: “Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, On the road to Shambala,
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind, On the road to Shambala”
Where have you been where everyone is overly friendly?
Anywhere where they want your money.
8. Eli’s Comin: “Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli’s a-comin’ and the cards say… a broken heart”
What good advice did you ignore and then later regret?
Listen to your mother….
9. One: “It’s just no good anymore since she went away, Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday”
Can you make up a rhyme?
10. Never Been To Spain: “Well I never been to heaven, But I been to Oklahoma
Well they tell me I was born there, But I really don’t remember”
What is your earliest memory as a child/baby?
11. Mama Told Me Not To Come: “Just open the window brother, and let me catch my breath”
Where was the last really stinky place you were in?
The kitchen this morning since at 1am my FL#1 over cooked his chicken in half a bottle of hot sauce (the other half is sitting at the bottom of the garbage thank you.)
12. One Man Band: “Here I am, take my hand, I’m your man, Baby, let me be your one man band”
Do you play an instrument?
13. Liar: “You’ve taken my life, so take my soul, That’s what you said and I believed it all
I want to be with you as long, As you want me to, I won’t move away
Ain’t that what you said?”
When was the last time you were lied to?
Pick a politician (preferable female from a cold state).