Moneyning.com has come up with a list of 19 Ways Laziness is Costing You Money and they could make a lot of sense.
Here is the short version.
- Gift cards – the kind you (and I) never get around to using. As a matter of fact, don’t get any more for me in the future.
- Free Offers That Expire – it’s hard to remember.
- Old Stuff Collecting Dust in Your House – I’m pretty good about this but, I may be married to someone who is not so good.
- Tax Refunds that People Don’t Claim – They kind of deserve it. Why would you not cash your check? Besides the fact that my bank has the longest and slowest lines during their two hours a day operation.
- Reward Points – I just found out I’m getting these on a couple cards I was about to cancel.
- Monthly Fee to Memberships that You Don’t Use – I’ve been canceling these suckers out. They add up.
- Credit Cards with Annual Fees – No way!
- Interests that You Don’t Pay Off Even if You Have the Money – I’m working on it.T
- Those Coupons that You Forget to Bring – I have become so much better! Last month I saved over $600 using coupons! Saved more than I spent!
- Small Purchases for Work that You Don’t Bother to Expense – I hate having to think of deductions this time of year…
- Failure to Comparison Shop – I’m getting way better at this!
- Don’t Take the Time to Understand What You are Buying – I hope not.
- Never Bothering to Say Thank You – Not me, thank you.
- Selling Worthless Stock – Have to check on this…isn’t it a write-off?
- Not Putting Your Money Making Idea in Action – Like what?
- Always Procrastinating and Paying Late Fees – Not me, unless Rush (postal delivery person) loses my bills, which he has done in the past year on several occasions!
- Too Lazy to Plan Ahead – Not me.
- Not Being Organized – Not me, I’m a mom.
- Never Trying to Think of Free (Cheaper) Alternatives – Working on this.
You are invited to post a video and/or answer the 3 questions of the week. This week’s video topic is all about celebrities
Dig up a celebrity inspired video and sign up on the linky for some fun!!!!!
Today’s 3 Questions:
Q1. Do you think Twitter is taking over as the ‘social media tool of the moment’ (replacing Facebook who replace MySpace)?
I’m hardly on Facebook these days. Facebook can be kind of a time killer. Actually, I’m not on Twitter so much either but, I do like the ease of Twitter better.
Q2. What are your thoughts on the one year anniversary of the Gulf Oil spill?
I hear that BP is still getting tax breaks and stuff.
Q3. What combination of items, that people will sometimes use, should never be used in making a sandwich in your opinion?
Mayo on Corned Beef.
Thanks for playing!
NOT so much on the winning thing…