A few weeks ago we heard a disgusting story about a Pit Bull who found near death in a dumpster. The dog weighed around 20 pounds and was expected to live at most, another hour. Authorities say that he was so starved, emaciated and dehydrated that he was unable to walk or stand. His ribcage protruded.
Well, Patrick, as workers have named him, seems to have an amazing will to live.
After weeks of emergency measures, such as a transfusion of three pints of dog blood, a special diet, medicine and physical therapy, Patrick weighs nearly 30 pounds.
The “B” who abandoned him?
The nameless “B”, who lives in Newark, was charged with two fourth-degree offenses for “tormenting and torturing” an animal by failing to provide food and water, prosecutors said. Miss “B” could serve 18 months and faces fine of up to $10,000. She also faces two abandonment charges punishable by up to six months in jail with a $1,000 fine.
According to authorities, she tied the dog to a railing in her Newark apartment building and left the state for more than a week. A janitor later found the dog and placed it in a trash bin.
“B”‘s mom says she has received the dog as a gift but she could not take care of it, so she’d tied it up outside hoping somebody else would take it. Wow. And stupid ideas must still thrive….
You can read more here
Today we ripped off a blogger named Leo from the blog Leonine’s Journal. He was tackling a meme that his blogging site, Live Journal, hosts. It has 5,000 questions. He did a hundred. So, we will break it up into parts. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The 5000 Question Meme, The Final Part
Cheers to all of us thieves!
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
Mia the Cobra.
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
I’m over 40. Can you be over 40 and still romantic?
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
Just the stupid people who should have stayed in school and namely science class where they teach about gravity.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
Totally 5000 questioned memes. You agree?
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
Are you on crack?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
I’m not doing either right now.
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Hero is in the eyes of the beholder.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
South Park. I’d be a friend of Stan’s mom, Sheila.
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
Does Orville pop popcorn?
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
My water bill hence, #87.
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class…dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
I go to Yoga class. Does that count?
91. In Star Trek people ‘beam’ back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person’s memories. Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
92. What insects are you afraid of?
The kind in my food.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
94. What’s the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
A freakin’ wedding dress.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
96. What are your parents interested in?
Right now? Lying in the ground with dirt covering them.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
Have you ever missed a numbering on a question? That makes it 5001, if you’re still counting.
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
Don’t bother helping me. I can just do things (that’s how mom’s think- we just do it)
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
At 5pm on a Saturday evening when nobody is home and I’m done with my work
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you.
I only need one. My Pit.