Score or ignore? This doesn’t happen every day around here.
One of my wonderful readers turned me on to flipflop wine and I liked it. It was a total score!
It wasn’t too sweet- it was just right with our Spaghetti carbonara.
Tip- check out this parings chart.
What is flipflop wine (besides…flippin’ good?)?
Why are we making such a big deal about flipflop wine?
Because, If you’re 21 or over, and you purchase a bottle of flipflop wines. For each bottle purchased, a pair of flip flop sandals will go to someone in need. Their goal is 100,000 flip flops!
We love this!
flipflop wines is donating the flip flops to soles4souls–
Soles4Souls is a charity that collects shoes from the warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. The charity distributes these shoes to people in need, regardless of race, religion, class, or any other criteria. Since 2005, Soles4Souls has given away nearly 12 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes (currently donating one pair every 7 seconds.) The shoes have been distributed to people in over 125 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and the United States.
So, here is how you can help…
Check out your local store for flipflip wines- if you are over 21 of course- (they taste pretty good and are reasonably priced).
For $7, you can score a pretty good Pinot Grigio (my choice) or other popular wine.
Also, you can visit flipflop on Facebook
Saturday 9: Sweet Soul Music
1. Do you listen to music at work, and if so, do you use a mp3 player, play it through your office computer, or do you listen to it collectively via a separate radio you keep nearby?
2. Tell us something about people that you absolutely hate.
Ego-centrism- people who are absolutely certain that the world is rotating around them.
3. What is something someone has done that you’d like the world to know about?
Someone that someone close to me knows very well fought back when her boyfriend tried to physically hurt her. Stupid guy- not only did she have a full set of very strong nails on but, she also had full control of the phone plan (yep…his phone is no longer).
4. Where is your favorite place to sit when at home?
Who isn’t gonna say on their butt here?
5. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
6. Tell us about the one who got away.
Well, a squirrel was hopping along on the fence tops when I was trying to round up the critters and of course, they got away. Good thing my yard is fenced in.
7. Have you ever had a big birthday party?
Not for myself. Just for my kids and it’s all in the definition of “big”.
8. What was the biggest bash you’ve ever attended?
How the heck would I know? I don’t usually count the number of people at a ‘bash’.
9. With my kids and an always changing life, I find myself sometimes unable to focus! Do you have that problem, too?
Dude…my kids are grown up and are freeloaders… you tell me.