13 Things We can all do for EARTH DAY!
1. Buy recycled. Items made from paper and plastic are often made from recycled materials. Other recycled items; automotive parts, motor oil, tires household furnishings and gardening tools.
2. Buy in bulk or multi-packs reduces packaging waste.
3. Buy items with packaging that can be reused or recycled.
4. Buy used when possible.
5. Trade items you no longer want with friends who may have items you do want.
6. Keep reusable bags in your car so that you have them with you when you go shopping.
7. Store plastic bags in your car so that you have them handy when you visit a location that (such as a Walmart store) that recycles them.
8. Buy energy-efficient items. ENERGY STAR labeling identifies energy-efficient products to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
9.Check for gas-efficiency when purchasing a new vehicle.
10. Recycle your batteries and use batteries with reduced mercury.
11.Reuse Products: Reuse newspaper, boxes, shipping “peanuts,” and “bubble wrap” to ship packages.
12.Recycle Automotive Products: Take car batteries, antifreeze, and motor oil to participating recycling centers.
13. Compost or Learn How: Food scraps and yard waste can become natural soil conditioners.
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of green grass and the number 576
*We will now be publishing updates for Thursday Thunks on Facebook via the InsanityCafe fanpage. Please “like” us there to get your TT reminder!
This week is an easy one…. or possibly not so easy.
1. Describe yourself, in sentences, using the main word of the sentence with the letters in the word: VANITY
Very funny sometimes.
Always a friend.
Is a mom.
Talks to her dogs.
Yep, was really named Harriet.
ok, no more sentences from now on.
2. List things you own using the letters in the word: POSSESSION
ha ha ha
Posse, pen,pin, nose,sin,spoon,noose…okay so I lied about a couple of those.
3. List food items that you absolutely will not eat using the letters in the word: DISGUSTING
Dust and guns.
4. List things you do online using the letters in the word: USB CABLE
Understand stuff better.
Cartman watching sometimes
Bond with people
Lie about my age
Excuse my mess.