- Reserve one side of sofa cushions to be shown to guests. Before company arrives, flip over the cushions to reveal good-as-new fabric. When guests are gone, flip them back.
- Rid the sofa of pet hair by wetting the fingertips of rubber gloves and gliding your hand over the sofa. The hair will stick to the rubber.
- Stack books, catalogs, and magazines in neat piles on the floor or arrange them in a deep decorative basket.
- To disguise windows in need of washing, pull curtain panels closed.
- Fold a clean blanket neatly and drape it over a stained sofa. Strategically placed throw pillows can also camouflage soiled upholstery.
Did you know...When the vacuum cleaner bag is more than half full, the vacuum loses suction. The fuller it gets, the harder the machine works. Eventually it could work so hard, the motor will burn out.
What to do… Run the vacuum for 30 seconds to push any residual dirt in the machine into the bag.
If you have a disposable bag: Before pulling out the bag, stick a piece of duct tape over the hole where the bag connects to the vacuum, to prevent a dust cloud from erupting in your face (been there).
If you have a reusable cloth bag or a plastic bin (as on a bagless vacuum):
- Put the bag or bin inside a garbage bag and shake out the dust
- Rinse the bag or bin in hot water before reattaching (or toss the bag in the washing machine, then let it air-dry).
Saturday 9: Rain
1. It’s Spring, grilling begins! If you plan a picnic, do you bow out if it rains?
I’ll let you know when it happens.
2. Do you prefer food grilled on a charcoal or gas grill?
3. We’re at the first grilling picnic. What’s your meat order?
Who’s paying for it?
4. What side dishes do you want?
Big Fat Salad.
5. Now, where do prefer to eat: at the picnic table or inside?
Let me see….eat outside sitting on a turd infested table and get bitten up by bugs or sit inside with the A/C blasting and the cable….
6. You were asked to bring a dish. What do you bring?
Chips and Salsa. Easy to bail out early and leave it there.
7. Does it bother you to have citronella candles burning if you are eating or cooking outside? Beats listening to a bug zapper while you are eating.
8. What fellow bloggers do you want to meet at the picnic?
No offense…why would I invite bloggers? Part of the fun of having blogger friends is the mystique of it all.
9. Does there need to be a pool at the picnic, your choice?
Why not? Unless it’s cold out and/or there are a bunch of skinny people.