Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed the last Monday of May. Pay tribute to the U.S. men and women who died during military service by observing a minute of silence at 3:00 PM, local time. If you are driving, turn on your lights.
Origins of Memorial Day
The Department of Veterans Affairs takes us back to the 1860s, when it all began.
Experience war stories from the Veterans History Project.
Memorials to the brave people who defended freedom and liberty of our country, military history, and monuments…
More history from the Library of Congress
Base realignment and closures news, contacting overseas military members, defense news, support for U.S. troops…
Provide tips, support the troops, volunteer, donate, work for the government…
Words, sheet music, and sound recordings for songs from “America the Beautiful” to “You’re a Grand Old Flag”
Sunday Stealing: The “You Can’t Be Missed” Meme, The Last Part
Cheers to all of us thieves!
46. Would you ever try to quit one of your addictions, or better said: Bad Habits?
Shopping? I’ve calmed down. Running with the Dogs? Nah….I’ve done it while sick, with a pulled hamstring, and in the rain.
47. Could you ever kill yourself to save someone else?
Does giving birth count?
48. Does it matter if break up with someone or have them dump you?
Huh? No habla.
49. Would you rather have a turtle or a frog for a pet?
Either one wouldn’t last long with the dogs.
50. Would you rather spend a day with Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus?
51. Would you rather learn to play piano or guitar?
Already know how to play piano.
52. We’re going back to the day. Where did you get your kicks?
What day? Am I suppose to answer with Route 66?
53. What Asian country would you like to visit the most? Why?
As long as they have plumbing and don’t eat dogs…it doesn’t matter.
54. Have you ever thought that a passer-by was the one (think James Blunt, here)? I saw him in concert and still don’t really know who he is. He’s the one running around in the hallways- right?
55. Ever told someone that your fake jewelery was really real?
They’re real and they’re spectacular!
56. Where are the worst public restrooms?
Like I wanna know.
57. What song was the latest one that got overplayed really fast?
58. What Friends (American TV show from the 90s) character are you most like?
Okay…this is a repeat question.
59. When’s the last time you had a Popsicle?
Last summer. It was orange. Sugar free.
60. What TV show from way back would you love to see reappear?
Leave it to Beaver of course.