NASA says that there will be a ‘Near-Earth’ asteroid coming to us on Monday.
Will it take out our fine planet?
The asteroid, named 2011 MD, will pass only 12,000 kilometers (7,500 miles) above the Earth’s surface.
These are views of the three asteroids that have been imaged at close range by spacecraft. The image of Mathilde (left) was taken by the NEAR spacecraft on June 27, 1997. Images of the asteroids Gaspra (middle) and Ida (right) were taken by the Galileo spacecraft in 1991 and 1993, respectively.
NASA says it’s actually a ‘small’ asteroid, only 5-20 meters in diameter. It is in a very ‘Earth-like orbit about the Sun’. The good news? NASA says there is no chance it will actually strike Earth on Monday.
For a brief time, it will be bright enough to be seen even with a modest-sized telescope when the asteroid will make its closest approach at 1:14 p.m. EDT (1714 GMT) on June 27 . Still pretty cool and I guarantee our crappy weather here will once again impede my ability to see it.
Today we ripped off a blogger known as blogger and blog named PT-LawMom. It is not her first trip to this rodeo, we’ve victimized her once before, in August 2008. Since it’s long we will do it in parts. She does not say where she ripped it. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The Seriously Random Question Meme, Part 3 (The Final Edition)
Cheers to all of us thieves!
41. Who was the last person you went shopping with?
Me, myself and I.
42. What is something you need to go shopping for?
Nothing really at the moment.
43. Do you have the same first name as one of your relatives?
Who the heck would want my name?
44. What kind of car do (did) your parents drive?
Shock. Back in the day, we were one of those suburban families with a blue Buick station wagon (us and like 50,000 of suburban families- dating myself here- I know).
45. Are you rich?
No, I’m Harriet. Read your address bar.
46. If you could spend one intimate night with a celebrity, no questions asked, never to see them again, who would it be?
Depends who is paying for it. All of a sudden I need to go shopping for stuff.
49. What is the most daring thing you’ve done recently?
Swam in a 76 degree pool. We’ve had sucky pool weather lately.
50. Say you were given a pregnancy test right now. Would you pass or fail?
If I gave you a crack test right now, would you pass or fail?
51. Which sex scandal of the last decade bothers you the most?
It’s not so much the sex scandal as it is the proportions some like to blow it up to.
52. Do you know anyone in jail/prison?
53. What are your plans (or what have you done) for this weekend?
Finish this dang thing and welcome Jose into my life.
54. Have you ever woken up and not known where you were?
Dude- I like in Hooterville.
55. What were you doing at midnight last night??
56. Last restaurant you went to?
Billy’s with my galpals for lunch yesterday.
57. How many hours did you sleep for last night?
58. Which is more distracting: Sexting while driving or sex while driving?
geee…..I just cannot decide…..
59. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
The Pillsbury Dough Boy and Jose.
60. Have you ever changed your clothes while in a vehicle?
How’d you know? They took away all of the phone booths so I have to use a car these days.
60 1/2. If you haven’t “liked” us (WTIT) on facebook and would like to, click here. Thanks, friends!
Poor Bud…. ;(